Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Odd panning output to recorder

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vigman

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject: Odd panning output to recorder Reply with quote

Hi

Not the owner of the Krome but attempting to help a new owner!

I recorded output directly from the summed port to a digital stereo recorder. The instrument used was a single program selection (piano type) across the whole keyboard.

About 90% of the output panned to the left channel and the other 10% to the right and only occurred when quite loud chords were played?

Other recordings have been a good balance on both channels from this output socket so what are we doing wrong, please!?

TIA

Vigman
CherryPistolKeys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see below
Kurzweil K2000 and K2000R
Roland D-50
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland A-30
Alesis QSR

Last edited by CherryPistolKeys on Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
CherryPistolKeys

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the piano sounds balanced in headphones, there should not be any reason for the outputs to be unbalanced. If all sounds are balanced in the headphones other than this one, I would try recording the channels one at a time (unplugging the left for instance) to see if you are having volume problems with the recorder, a bad cable, or other issue. If you are sequencing, the mixer may have the piano panned one direction or the other.

If all other sounds are fine, it may be that the piano sound itself has an inserted effect, or auto-panner that is set for no modulation (perhaps), that is causing the pan issue. You should also try another piano setting/program to see if they all have this issue. If it is only the one sound causing the issue, it is the programming of the sound itself. Try checking all the effects inserted on that sound, and the program settings.

I am assuming that when you say "summed port", you mean the analog 1/4 jacks for L/R out.
Kurzweil K2000 and K2000R
Roland D-50
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland A-30
Alesis QSR
Vigman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apologies for delay in replying as I have not been too well

Thanks for the detailed reply. Next time I am with the Korg I will try the variations you suggest.

I was hoping it might have been a very simple, and well known, output panning issue!

Vigman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: