Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Korg PA1000 vs PA4X
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arni61 wrote:
What comes to this: The Pa1000 has some new very good styles and sounds which are not present in the PA4X !! This is not ok for the expensive PA4X.
feel sure after the final introduction of Genos korg with correct that and more if Genos proves to be as good as we are being led to believe, so as PA4X probably still has a 2 year life cycle left then something will happen from korg to keep interest and divert sales from Genos it's called strategy and manufacturers are aware of what their competitors are doing way before we the public have any idea of what's in the pipeline....and if any of the above is correct then after PA4X I will expect PA5X to be dazzling.... Smile
Arni61

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, what does this have to do with my question about the new Pa700/1000 styles for the PA4X?
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arni61 wrote:
Sorry, what does this have to do with my question about the new Pa700/1000 styles for the PA4X?
hi Arni61.. my response to your comment is my prediction according to the circumstances that might allow PA4X the upgraded missing styles/sound you describe from its new siblings according to a Direct challenge to the PA4X from this new competitor (Genos) and how and when you might see them introduced with a possible next upgraded as a countermeasure in response to this new Challenger, this is when I think you could see these new styles/sounds find there way into the PA4X....hope that helped Smile

Last edited by D575 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story of Pa1000 vs Pa4X as also the speculations of better library in a lower budget & quality construction arranger
shipped with less than the half capacity of factory sound library of Pa4X , do not interest Pa4X users and the section here !
Wait first to see in action Pa1000 newer features and be sure that all those will be included in a single future Pa4X OS update ...
Don't you thing that history has taught you the obvious ?
Pa900 vs Pa3X = Pa1000 vs Pa4X = Pa1100 vs Pa5X ... and so on ! Wink
As concerned to new equation , be sure that this will be the valid form : Genos vs Pa4X = Tyros 5 vs Pa3X

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Anthony... of course all speculation but with potentially 2 years left with the production cycle of the PA4X korg may not want to sit on there hands with the PA4X pending a replacement (pa5x) so we could see more upgrades (hope so) to keep sales and interest in the PA4X going as the new Genos could attract sales away from PA4X, so this is where Genos could very well be the Serious Direct Competitor that Tyros never was ... being in manufacturing my self then strong strategies are required when anticipating and competing with a competitor in any marketplace...just my thoughts where nothing is written in stone... Smile
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: competitors or not? Reply with quote

D575 wrote:
.. new Genos could attract sales away from PA4X, so this is where Genos could very well be the Serious Direct Competitor that Tyros never was ... strong strategies are required when anticipating and competing with a competitor in any marketplace...nothing is written in stone...

As a user, I would never exaggerate to worry about the strategies of a producer how to assert itself on the market, because my perspectives refer to products, their quality and their market price - and above all, if and how well products are suitable for needs.

if already thinking about the producers may be about his product management, in case if successors are offered on the market without substantially innovations but with limited functionality.
then primarily it could be considered which products and which producers I am going to use in the future - because that it is what never is written in stone.

It certainly is not my concern a new device could very well be a new Serious Direct Competitor and sales of recent models would not be kept in sales or could be attracted away.

PS: First of all, the characteristics of a competitor must be verifiable to be assessed in comparison.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: competitors or not? Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
D575 wrote:
.. new Genos could attract sales away from PA4X, so this is where Genos could very well be the Serious Direct Competitor that Tyros never was ... strong strategies are required when anticipating and competing with a competitor in any marketplace...nothing is written in stone...

As a user, I would never exaggerate to worry about the strategies of a producer how to assert itself on the market, because my perspectives refer to products, their quality and their market price - and above all, if and how well products are suitable for needs.

if already thinking about the producers may be about his product management, in case if successors are offered on the market without substantially innovations but with limited functionality.
then primarily it could be considered which products and which producers I am going to use in the future - because that it is what never is written in stone.

It certainly is not my concern a new device could very well be a new Serious Direct Competitor and sales of recent models would not be kept in sales or could be attracted away.

PS: First of all, the characteristics of a competitor must be verifiable to be assessed in comparison.
Un sospiro......a beautiful piece of music Wink

Last edited by D575 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://genosmania.com (more pics)

A JOYSTICK!!!
A TOUCHSCREEN!!!

I love it already... Very Happy

...but its control surface seems extremely lacking do you not think?
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes interesting Pete...when the manuals are released all will be revealed for us to pour over Smile
Vex

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why Pa900/1000 have Master Limiter and Pa4x doesn't? Or this calls on Pa4x Maxx Volume???
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Limiter Pa1000 / Maxx Volume Pa4x Reply with quote

Vex wrote:
Why Pa900/1000 have Master Limiter and Pa4x doesn't? Or this calls on Pa4x Maxx Volume???

Mastering suite of Pa1000 apply to the final stage of the audio path, just before the audio outputs. If using the Limiter it is allowed to increase loudness only of the MIDI tracks (Styles and Songs), by compressing the signal exceeding a defined threshold. Second you will find the Master EQ - it is a full spectrum frequency equalization, positioned at the end of the signal chain, just before the audio outputs of Pa1000.
MAXX mastering effects (Audio suite) - used in Pa4x - also applies to the final stage of the audio path, just before the audio outputs, where Maxx Volume is for dynamics compensation. It increases (or decreases) RMS levels, delivering louder sound with no audible distortion and relies on Peak Limiting, that increases volume without clipping or audible distortion etc....

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
I did not notice anyone mention the sound quality from the Speakers on the PA 1000...I would have thought it would been a issue...as I do not have a shop in my county stocking korg arrangers I cannot judge what sound quality is like....it is hard to know if youtube demo's use the speaker system or direct out to mixer to camera.

Ronnie
Nev

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, The speakers are mentioned by Bonners in their video. (link attached). I think you could probably guage them by the great quality of the PSR S range that came out from Yamaha and they would also house bigger speakers than the PAAS sound bar. So I would guess they are pretty good.

I doubt you will find any recording done by sellers recording from video camera. The sound quality will come from Audio Mp3 direct from keyboard.

Link.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx2cO_clCQI

Korg Pa4X, PAAS, Tyros 4, Stagepas 400i, Shure headmic, Lenovo 13.5 tablet for PDF`s
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Neville for your understanding reply..will listen to Bonners Music Demo of keyboard.

Thanks
Ronnie
Stilli

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote from Bonners in reply to a question posted below that video:

"The PaAs Soundbar (2x20 Watt (Middle/High Frequency) + 1x40 Watt (Subwoofer)) for the PA4x is more powerful than the speakers in the PA1000 (2 x 33 W). The 40W subwoofer allows for a better quality sound in all frequencies at higher volumes. This coupled with the Soundbar facing you more directly means that it is louder than the PA1000. Please do not hesitate to contact us direct in our Keyboard Department on 01323 636140 with any further queries."
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: