Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA1000 Demoed at Bonners

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thoraldus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: PA1000 Demoed at Bonners Reply with quote

New PA1000 at Bonners

Johann Sebastian Bach

----------------------------------------------
Rick Stirling - Retired Electrical Engineer - Erstwhile Photographer
Korg Kronos2, Casio MZ-X500, PA600, AKAI MPD32, M-Audio Oxygen 25, ZOOM H6, Cakewalk Sonar
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: PA1000 Demoed at Bonners Reply with quote

Hello,
good news about Pa1000 may be found in Korgs advertisings.

After reviewing the technical data, Pa1000 seems to be a continuation of the Pa900 with optical changed in color and and improved performance datas.

After reviewing of the manual it becomes obvious after some pages that unfortunately the Pa1000 has some tools missing such as "Autoselect" of the performances (or keyboard sets).

AutoselectPerformance - similar to MemoryRegistrations of Yamaha - allowed Playalongs with a Style with 16 different Performances / KeyboardSets (Pa3x, Pa800, Pa500 and other predecessors). In the autoselect mode, this has been done with direct access to the buttons of the performance banks. With the Pa900 at least we had these feature, although already limited to 8 buttons.

In my opinion, the product management and the development of Korg have only been based on performance data for some time, not able or willing to further develop an operating concept, proven in previous models, as there was Autoselect with direct access of buttons for performances (kbd-sets).

SetLists at least will follow the approach of using functions via the direct access of buttons - in this case the nine buttons of the keyboard set banks. However, after each setlist entry is linked to a style, the setlist is suitable for retrieving a defined series of settings for songs with a direct access via these buttons. It is not suitable for retrieving multiple registration settings, because you would need a lock parameter, which locks the loading of styles (Lock Style) if you change setlist.
Unfortunately again - the four fill-in buttons used in previous Pa- models are not available for direct access. Autofill can only be used for standard styles, they are hardly suitable for song-specific styles. In this context, the same is true for the missing fill mode, which could be used to pre-select the next variation per fill-in of a style.
Also in this context - but to be noted positively - are the USB host ports, so that a USB controller (such as Nanocontrol) can be connected directly without an USB host, to trigger the fill-ins manually if necessary.

Also, the lack of Auto-Select KeyboardSets can be compensated with such controllers, since the KeyboardSets of the KeyboardSet-Library of Pa1000 can be called up via MIDI with CC0 / CC32 / PC (Manual Page 955).
I noticed that style preferences are set globally - a big limitation for power users, which could set these settings up to the pa3x per performance - same with VP-presets set in Globals instead Kbd-Sets.

Hope that no further drawbacks (pity) become visible, I am still studying the manual.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any members who came from a board with sliders, i.e., i30, Pa1x, 2x, 3x, to a slider-less like the Pa300/600/900?

Just curious about how you adapted to a slider-less board. Was it a pain to do so? Would you go back to sliders?
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Sliders or dials for Pa1000 Reply with quote

Giner wrote:
Are there any members who came from a board with sliders, i.e., i30, Pa1x, 2x, 3x, to a slider-less like the Pa300/600/900?

Just curious about how you adapted to a slider-less board. Was it a pain to do so? Would you go back to sliders?

In my experience, small wheels - like Yamahas PSR8000 - are even better suited than sliders, since no jumps occur after changing of kbdSets.

Such vertically built-in small wheels I wish for each arrangerkeyboard; at least if it is equipped with digital drawbar organs.

Dont know correct name for such wheels, often used for sets of decoding (dial, dialwheel?)

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen a psr8000 in the flesh, so I just looked at a few photos. I see what you mean. And that's the one thing that's annoying about Korg sliders, the sudden jump in volume as soon as you touch them. I think I'd still miss them, though, on a 'slider-less' board.
alina

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:46 am    Post subject: Re: PA1000 Demoed at Bonners Reply with quote

siebenhirter wrote:
After reviewing of the manual it becomes obvious after some pages that unfortunately the Pa1000 has some tools missing such as "Autoselect" of the performances (or keyboard sets).

Autoselect is still there, I just found it in the manual.
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:40 pm    Post subject: Pa1000 featured with AutoselectKeyboard Reply with quote

alina wrote:
.. Autoselect is still there, I just found it in the manua ..

Hello Alina,
thank you very much for your hint.

I'm sorry about my mistake I made to claim that AutoSelect KbdSet is missing in the Pa1000.

This feature, which I consider very valuable, again is available in the Pa1000 - I am happy about AutoSelect (Manual Page 833).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa900/Pa3X Le All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: