Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting padKontrol to work properly with Cubase 9?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jollier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Getting padKontrol to work properly with Cubase 9? Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

Firstly, thanks for any replies this gets.

I recently purchased a Korg padKontrol, I have installed it and have it showing up on cubase. The problem is when I use a VST instrument in Cubase 9, for example Groove Agent SE, the pads are mapped in a crazy, illogical way.

For example, I hit padKontrols 13th pad (bottom left), and it plays the 1st pad on Groove Agent. Or when I hit padKontrol's 1st pad, it plays another pad in the 4th group. All of the pads are like this, mapped incoherently and randomly in different places/groups on cubase.

So, I was wondering what is the most painless way to assign all the pads (and other features) correctly? If someone has already got a map file for padKontrol they could share with me that'd be fantastic.

Besides this, what are the general guidelines for mapping your controller and getting it to work well with your software? How far do you rely on padKontrol Editor Librarian to help you with this?

Cheers Very Happy
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Korg Kontrol Editor works well with other controllers, like the nanoPAD2, and there's a good chance the padKontrol software will work with the padKontrol. There is also a PadKONTROLPreload_Scenes.zip file downloadable from the Korg website. This file contains a number of useful preloads, including a Groove Agent scene, together with a PDF of the assignments table, so it's possible to check the assignments make sense before using it, plus you can create your own assignments.

Jollier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voip wrote:
The Korg Kontrol Editor works well with other controllers, like the nanoPAD2, and there's a good chance the padKontrol software will work with the padKontrol. There is also a PadKONTROLPreload_Scenes.zip file downloadable from the Korg website. This file contains a number of useful preloads, including a Groove Agent scene, together with a PDF of the assignments table, so it's possible to check the assignments make sense before using it, plus you can create your own assignments.

Hello there,

Yes my query was in response to using padKontrol with Cubase specifically (I am running Cubase Artist 9).

I can assign the notes to each padKontrol pad, so that I can use it with cubase. However if I select a new instrument-sound or drum-set in cubase, the pads on cubase change, but the pads on the padKontrol stay the same.

This means each time I change instrument on Cubase, I must re-map all of the pads manually. Which is obviously very tedious and a pain.

So I was wondering how to get padKontrol to respond automatically to changes in the software I am using?

When I have used keyboards which had a a couple of pads on them previously, if I changed instrument on my software the pads changed without me doing anything, to match the software.

padKontrol isn't doing this, which I find very strange as it's whole design is to be used with software for this purpose.

P.S thanks for the tip on the downloads, but I had already checked that out and it didn't solve the issue of changing between instruments.

Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kontrol49, microKontrol, padKontrol, nano and K series controllers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: