Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Electribe broke/defective....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shagic

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:57 am    Post subject: Electribe broke/defective.... Reply with quote

So I bought a Korg Electribe 2 near the end of last year (first music workstation I've ever bought, haven't had any experience with any others) and for the first few months I fiddled around with the thing and I was growing pretty happy with it....it came with Ableton Live 9 Lite and I was excited to try using the E2 as a MIDI controller (I also have a Yamaha keyboard that I wanted to use it with).

I plugged the MIDI cable into the port, and after not even a few minutes of use with it, I unplugged it and then when I would plug it back in it wouldn't even stay in the jack. Then later I noticed that the port wasn't even there; it was entirely missing from inside the Electribe, as it had been pulled out with the cable. I was furious, as I really wanted to use it with my keyboard and Ableton, but I still kept going along with the thing.

Apparently the damage wasn't covered by Korg because it was "misuse", and then it was took to a shop and they said the thing was defective; it had somehow been damaged during shipment. I was mad, but later something else happened that also ticked me off: I was working on a song, I saved it, then I turned it off, and when I turned it back on to listen to what I'd just made, the track was completely ruined; it had glitched somehow and it was sped up to the point where it just sounded like noise.

So, my question is does anyone know what the best thing to do is here? I'm very mad, and I don't think I'll ever be getting any musical devices from Amazon ever again. But can someone please help me with this?
shagic

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help with this?
Sulfur

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact Amazon? If not do it, if yes what did they say? You should insist to have it fixed if you're sure it's not your fault but if you cannot have it fixed for free and you don't want to pay you can just use the USB connection to make it act as a MIDI controller.

Regarding the pattern problem, try to copy it on another pattern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: