Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Recording Korg TR 76 in GarageBand

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justkorg17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Recording Korg TR 76 in GarageBand Reply with quote

Hi there,

I would like to start recording into GarageBand. I have a Korg TR-76 but I'm not sure what accessory is required to help me record what I play on the Korg recorded in GarageBand.

Doing a search I came across something called an IRig. After going through youtube and the website, I'm still not sure if that's what I require.

I appreciate some guidance from those who already have a recording setup going.

Thank you in advance.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The iRig 2 accepts both line level inputs, such as those coming from a keyboard, and the lower signal levels coming from a guitar. The downside is that the input appears to be mono only, so some of the TR-76's sounds may seem a little lacking when recorded using the iRig 2 as an interface.

If using an iPad, something like the Behringer iStudio IS202 may fit the bill, and would allow the recording of two channels simultaneously e.g. the L & R of a stereo pair, using something like Garageband as the recording app.

justkorg17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks heaps for that voip.

The stereo recording would the route i'd be going with. You wouldn't happen to know of a solution that will cater for usage with both an iPad and Mac would you?
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are quite a few devices out there that would be able to do what you want e.g. the Roland Duo Capture EX, for two channel recording, or the Focusrite Scarlet 18i20 for up to 8 channels simultaneously.

The Behringer iStudio has the advantage that the connection to the iPad is via the dock, so one less (quite fragile) cable to get snagged.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Triton LE / Korg TR All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: