Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genos new competitor for Korg pa4x is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In US:
Genos = $5499
Pa4x/76= $3999
$1500 different
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Genos
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Pa4X76
Fl Studio 21, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Korg Pa5x Sounds at Performers Heaven
guitpic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
In US:
Genos = $5499
Pa4x/76= $3999
$1500 different
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Genos
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Pa4X76

My impression is that the PA4X is a better keyboard, and $1,500 less.
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lucky deal, someone selling PA4x 76 from a garage box.
for €2650 and getting €500 for an old G70 on top of that
Genos price is €4500
If i buy the Genos with speaker set for €4900
I get back €2300 for my year old pa4x 76
Leaving me with a bill of €2600
Making the Genos almost twice as expensive as the PA4x.

The difference currently between Genos and PA4x is bigger then the MAP says..
As you can get great deals on a PA4x... and almost no deals on the Genos.
guitpic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I wonder if it isn’t the Yamaha/Genos hype that gets folks to spend a lot more for the Genos...keeping in mind the PA4X apparently can do a lot more for less...$$$
JBL Eon One
Space Station V.3
DXR10
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO!!!
Just watched a new YT demo by Peter Baartmans and I now ask how should one pronounce "Genos" - 'Jeenoss' or 'Geenoss' ("g" as in "green").

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernie9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it is as Jeenose
Hammond SK1
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeee! Noooo! $$$$$? Shocked

(just kidding).
Great keyboard, but waaaaaay too expensive for what you get.

Play in style. Wink
gagggo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I had to sign up here.
If Genos sounded like the video I would buy, but the solo playing technique does not work for yamaha, only for Korg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8j7nFVoQ40&feature=youtu.be
Very good.
greeting
Fransman
Platinum Member

Location: Netherlands (PA4X61+PAas. Past: PA3X, PA800, Y PSR-S910, PA500, T KN1000, Y PSR-16)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please see/listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwAarhuH2I

(Compliments and thanks to A&C Hamilton Musical Instruments, who make these great videos!)

In my opinion, the PA4X sounds are on par with the Genos, some even better (some others the Genos, like choir, flute).

They both sound absolutely great!

Considering PA4X is on the market since 2015 and the Genos being brand new, that is indeed a great performance from the Korg engineers.
Compliments for a job well done!

I think we will need to start saving for a PA5X (2018?, 2019?), because I think we all expect it to be an absolute killer keyboard!

Play in style. Wink
hinav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:32 am    Post subject: PA5x ? when? Reply with quote

Fransman wrote:
Please see/listen to this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YwAarhuH2I

I think we will need to start saving for a PA5X (2018?, 2019?), because I think we all expect it to be an absolute killer keyboard!

Have been on the fence for PA4x . Currently enjoying the Kronos but that's another beast.. to conquer different pastures.

Any grapevines, rumours, historic product cycles to indicate potential timelines for PA5x?
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hinav wrote:
Any grapevines, rumours, historic product cycles to indicate potential timelines for PA5x?

No idea really - there is a rumour about an update for PA4X but that's all I have heard.
NAMM is happening as I write this so maybe something will happen soon after it (but not PA5X).
If I was completely without an arranger and knowing what I know right now, I wouldn't hesitate to get PA4X.
For a long time I have hoped for some real competition but maybe with the exception of the Ketron Audya (a few years ago), there has been nothing much that has impressed me.
BUT of course, we all have different needs - Genos has nice sounds but seriously the PA4X is on a par sound-wise so it comes back to live performance comfort, control surface, OS design, recording and styles quality. Korg wins over in all aspects for me still.
Had dreamed that Yamaha would come up with something other than a new Tyros with a new name and a touch-screen (now there's innovation for you Wink ).
I have owned many Yamaha keyboards (including Tyros) and loved them all but since the Korg i3 (which I thought was "revolutionary") no-one has matched it - in fact the i3 has some of the best ever styles - I still use them on my PA4X.

Anyhow - good luck with your research and choice - take some nice headphones to you local retailer and play both keyboards - then you'll know - youtube demos are useless when it comes to any sound comparisons.
Cheers

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
hinav

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
hinav wrote:

No idea really - there is a rumour about an update for PA4X but that's all I have heard.
NAMM is happening as I write this so maybe something will happen soon after it (but not PA5X).
If I was completely without an arranger and knowing what I know right now, I wouldn't hesitate to get PA4X.
For a long time I have hoped for some real competition but maybe with the exception of the Ketron Audya (a few years ago), there has been nothing much that has impressed me.
BUT of course, we all have different needs - Genos has nice sounds but seriously the PA4X is on a par sound-wise so it comes back to live performance comfort, control surface, OS design, recording and styles quality. Korg wins over in all aspects for me still.
Had dreamed that Yamaha would come up with something other than a new Tyros with a new name and a touch-screen (now there's innovation for you Wink ).
I have owned many Yamaha keyboards (including Tyros) and loved them all but since the Korg i3 (which I thought was "revolutionary") no-one has matched it - in fact the i3 has some of the best ever styles - I still use them on my PA4X.

Anyhow - good luck with your research and choice - take some nice headphones to you local retailer and play both keyboards - then you'll know - youtube demos are useless when it comes to any sound comparisons.
Cheers

Pete Very Happy

Thanks Pete! That resonates. My PSR3000 still makes me happy..though part GAS and part graceful age whispers: life is short; if not now then when?? Wink

Question please- what should be a fair price for the 61 or 73 key PA4x. Reverb.com does not have a guide. And would you consider additional $300 - 400 for the Oriental model a good value? Nah..Arabic music is not something i have ever made or familiar with. This would simply be for the additiinal 150 sounds plus 150 styles in the ROM. or i could use that saving for an iConnectivity Midi4+ and a Behringer QX2222 USB mixer i have been eyeing (used of course).

Regards
Nav
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: