Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Genos new competitor for Korg pa4x is coming
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
siebenhirter
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:02 am    Post subject: Competition - healthy manner of our interest Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Competition is definitely a healthy manner of our interest !!!
This brings us the choice to select the better product for our needs in the best price ! ... its a pure choice for not biased users/Musicians !

Competition is the opposite of customer loyalty - there are absolutely no advantages for unconditional brand loyalty but benefits for marketing. Customer loyality only will play an increasing role researching interests of consumer information processing, persuasion cues in advertising, and international marketing.

So companies will sell its products under the premise that once the taste for its products has manifested itself in customer-loyality, it woul be able to reap this benefit. This also makes it possible to make sales with - sometimes inferior - products without having to strain on further product development and better quality.

So I think it would be better to judge recent products without being blinded by customer loyalty - if there something seems not to be ok nothing should be not to be criticised because of "Customer loyality" from the past.

Interesting facts about styles and stylePlayer functions can be found at http: www.elmarherz.de
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the two leaked photos that are doing the rounds it would appear to have a plastic casing NOT metal .....but I guess we should not judge a book by its cover just yet and the devil is in the deital....will the media campaign be bigger than the event???? Time will tell...and still very happy and in love with my PA4x... (don't tell the girl friend)
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be the world's biggest half-secret of the year.
But I guess it is making me more interested (and annoyed Evil )
My expectations are incredibly high now, however if this is another Tyros in a fancy dress I'm totally over it.

My second "however" is - if it is really a great professional keyboard, I will definitely consider buying it!!!! (Or should I say "mortgaging" it Wink )

Pete Very Happy
pawlikp100
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Product Name: Digital Keyboard (Yamaha Genos)
Dimensions (W x D x H): 1234 mm x 456 mm x 138 mm
Weight: 13.0 kg
Keyboard: 76 Tasten (FSX) Initial Touch/Aftertouch
Controllers: Joystick, 6 Knobs, 9 Crossfader, Art.1, Art.2, Art.3
Display: TFT Colour Wide VGA LCD (800 x 400 dots / 9 inch) Touch Screen
Sub Display: OLED (Live Control View / 589 x 48 dots)
Tone Generation: AWM Stereo Sampling, AEM Technology
Polpyhonie: 256 (max.)
Number of Voices (Presets): 1.652 Voices + 58 Drum/SFX Kits
Featured Voices: 10 Revo Drums/SFX, 76 Ensemble, 390 Super Articulation, 75 Super Articulation2, 82 MegaVoices, 40Sweet, 81 Cool, 160 Live, 24 Organ Flutes.
Number of Styles: 550 (491 Pro, 39 Session, 10 Free Play, 10 DJ)
Expansion Voice: Yes (max. 1.8 GByte Onboard)
Storage: Internal Memory (58 GByte) / External USB Flash Drive
Microphone: Yes (Combo Jack) +48 Phantom Power
AudioProCT

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: private showing of Genoa Reply with quote

I've been invited to a private showing next week of the Genos and demonstration from Martin Harris, hopefully, I will have info to give out afterwards
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
This one is for Audioworks.
I have spent the last forty years enjoying the keyboard and organ world (owning many and attending Festivals and concerts up and down the U.K.)
One of the many highlights of this is being able to see live some of the great players. Without doubt, if I was to make a list of the most amazing players I have ever heard Martin Harris would be in the top three.
Martin comes from the U.K. He works for Yamaha, spending approximately six months of his year in Japan and the rest at Chiswick West London.
Basically, anything that does or does not go into the new Yamaha Genos arranger is his final decision. He works alongside other engineers/musicians creating styles, sampling instruments and producing data for inclusion in Yamaha products. I was quite surprised to see him involved in the Montage demos when it was launched. He is also responsible for the Tyros range of keyboards.
If you have never heard Martin play before then you are in for a real treat. Sadly, due to work commitments we do not get much opportunity to hear him play regularly on the circuit.
I confess to being quite envious when I read your post, but hopefully he will be showing the Genos in the U.K.
Please update us once you have been to the Genos launch.
Chris
D575
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://sandsoftwaresound.net/genos-teaser-video-three/
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is funny
The "pan across the keyboard" at 1:46 just shows it displaying a warning message saying "USB device is disconnected" - surely Yamaha is not stupid enough to really have recorded that???
ROFL

I think someone might be having a joke with us????

Cheers

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelsea4023 wrote:
Hi,
This one is for Audioworks.
I have spent the last forty years enjoying the keyboard and organ world (owning many and attending Festivals and concerts up and down the U.K.)
One of the many highlights of this is being able to see live some of the great players. Without doubt, if I was to make a list of the most amazing players I have ever heard Martin Harris would be in the top three.
Martin comes from the U.K. He works for Yamaha, spending approximately six months of his year in Japan and the rest at Chiswick West London.
Basically, anything that does or does not go into the new Yamaha Genos arranger is his final decision. He works alongside other engineers/musicians creating styles, sampling instruments and producing data for inclusion in Yamaha products. I was quite surprised to see him involved in the Montage demos when it was launched. He is also responsible for the Tyros range of keyboards.
If you have never heard Martin play before then you are in for a real treat. Sadly, due to work commitments we do not get much opportunity to hear him play regularly on the circuit.
I confess to being quite envious when I read your post, but hopefully he will be showing the Genos in the U.K.
Please update us once you have been to the Genos launch.
Chris

Anyone person can be as good and increible as it is..

But if one person gets to make all final decisions about an instrument, despite that persons greatness, it will still never be as great as if the final decisions had been mad together by a team... making decisions in a team allways makes the final product better and more diverse...

If its been Martin Harris taking all decisions about the tyros range, i cam sadly foresee a dark future as the Genos as a pro instrument... there have allways been to many hindring restrictions in the tyros... and all for preventing the instrument to become to overwhellmimg for the typical 80 year old yamaha tyros player...

He may be the greatest performer ever, however that does not make him the greatest musical instrument designer...

Also musically, there is a reason i have allways preferred Korg styles and ketron styles even more above Yamaha styles...
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
That is funny
The "pan across the keyboard" at 1:46 just shows it displaying a warning message saying "USB device is disconnected" - surely Yamaha is not stupid enough to really have recorded that???
ROFL

I think someone might be having a joke with us????

Cheers

Pete Very Happy

No, its a hint...

Ipads will be an integral part of the Genos experience..
About 2 months ago we found out about this
Even 3rd party apps can be created for Genos using ipads development kit..

Think about things as...

- music sheet music reading
- edditing not just sound, but also audio and midi, even piano roll is possible
- extra sound and synth sources... audio bus3 support wil open up a whole world.
- new forms of controll and sequencing..
- everything is possible, think about a singing tutor program, or piano teacher

With the huge screen of an ipad pro, everything is possible....
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also musically, there is a reason i have allways preferred Korg styles and ketron styles even more above Yamaha styles...

I totally agree with that but am still a little excited to see what this new beast will do. If there's a huge OS rewrite, it may just reach the bar. And yes, those style need a shake up. Yam always had great intros and endings but that was it (IMHO)

Time will tell eh!!!

Pete Very Happy
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
Quote:

I totally agree with that but am still a little excited to see what this new beast will do. If there's a huge OS rewrite, it may just reach the bar. And yes, those style need a shake up. Yam always had great intros and endings but that was it (IMHO)

Time will tell eh!!!

Pete Very Happy

Whenplaying tyros 5, i found that to improve styles, i had to switch some tracks off, they are way to busy, even in var 1 and 2.. and just switch drums and bass a little louder... and play with some eq on the drums..

To bad, tyros 5 didnt have the incredible drum edditing we have in the pa4x styles.. having the drums divided in 8 parts is a huge step, very usefull to finetune drums in converted or from midifile created styles...
chelsea4023

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

Regarding comments made by Bachus, I don't think Martin Harris works alone on product development for Yamaha. He is the head of a large team. I expect any new electronic musical instrument requires a large input from a large group of people but at the final stage somebody must make the all important decisions and Martin Harris is that man.

A question I would like to ask Forum members is in regard to the worldwide sales of both Korg and Yamaha arrangers. Do members think that Korg outsell Yamaha, Yamaha outsell Korg or do they think sales are on a par between the Companies. I believe that the Yamaha Tyros 5 totally outsells the Korg PA4X. That does not mean that the Tyros 5 is a better keyboard than the PA4X. I just think it's a better seller.
What do other members think ?

Chris
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't a clue one way or the other, Chris. I have heard it said that Korg is king in Balkan and Arabic markets, and Yamaha has the crown in the West. Far East, Japan, Indonesia, et al, I think is a fairly even split.

Would be interesting if any stats come up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 3 of 15

Jump to: