Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Questions before buy - PA600

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VilleGuy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Questions before buy - PA600 Reply with quote

As my signature notes, I've been playing music since the 1960s, but am just now getting serious about exploring the capabilities of a keyboard I can use for accompaniment in live gigs (me and a guitar player). I'm leaning toward the Korg PA600, but I have a few questions about it before I buy. Any info is appreciated, and remember--I'm a newbie at this. Also, I'm a Mac user.

1. Can I edit styles on the PA600 to simplify them? (For example, strip harmonica and banjo out of a country style, leaving just bass, drums, etc.)

2. My ultimate goal is to maintain a set list (songs linked with their associated styles) on my iPad or MacBook, and select songs from there, instead of the small Korg screen. Can I do this?

3. Can I import styles from other sources? (Do users share styles, or do companies sell them? I'm intrigued by the styles on the Korg Liverpool.)

4. I previously purchased MainStage software, but have not used it yet. Can it interact with the PA600?

Thanks for any help.
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi VilleGuy:

If you want a keyboard for gig, discard PA600 and go for a PA3x 76 used or a the new PA4x.-
IMHO the best invest is PA4x, you don't need anything else, no Ipad, No Macbook, just the keyboard.-
As a musician what i try is to play music, without looking for external hardware.- My concentration must be put on what i play, and if i must tweak external hardware i will be loosing time unnecesary.-
PA4x is the best for your money: 76 keys, up to 4 different zones, EDSX sound engine, with 142 effects and up to 3 simultaneously, asignable switches for multiple functions, sliders to control different functions, Kaoss engine inside, TC Helicon Harmony Voice procesor.- All in one only keyboard with 15 kg. weight.
Don't look for anything unless your limit is money.-
Hoping the helps you.
With regards.
Eduardo
VilleGuy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I can't afford the 3x or 4x. Music is just a hobby, so I want an arranger keyboard with decent styles that can be changed via a program like Set List Maker. The PA600 might be the best for me.

The iPad would also provide a convenient screen to view lyrics and chords on, so I value that as well.

This all boils down to whether the PA600 will accept SysEx program changes that allow a user to change Styles (either factory or user-created) from an app like Set List Maker.

Anyone out there with an answer would be greatly appreciated!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa600/Pa300 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: