Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KApro programs situation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
exsequor699

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: KApro programs situation Reply with quote

Hi, it looks like voice stealing is an issue when using Strings and Orquestral KAPro programs within a COMBI. They are the best sounds for the Kronos in my opinion, but they do have the polyphony issue. I am using EXs 19 and EXs 122, has anyone find a solution to help with this please? Thanks in advance.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: KApro programs situation Reply with quote

exsequor699 wrote:
Hi, it looks like voice stealing is an issue when using Strings and Orquestral KAPro programs within a COMBI. They are the best sounds for the Kronos in my opinion, but they do have the polyphony issue. I am using EXs 19 and EXs 122, has anyone find a solution to help with this please? Thanks in advance.

I have EXs19. No problems

what exactly are you hearing ? I wouldn't worry much over the polyphony meter moving around. There is fair amount of voice borrowing.

which combi ?
mikeyd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent you a PM.
exsequor699

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Re: KApro programs situation Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
exsequor699 wrote:

I have EXs19. No problems

what exactly are you hearing ? I wouldn't worry much over the polyphony meter moving around. There is fair amount of voice borrowing.

which combi ?

I actually listen when the voices drop of a KApro program in COMBI mode. For instance, try to layer in a COMBI two "Esemble Strings 2" programs from EXs19 and let us know if you notice it. And I have seen other people that have the situation as well, nevertheless I will write to KApro and see if there is something that can be done.
narf
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting Mute Mode to LIVE in Global Mode. See if that makes any difference.

Kronos Ultimate Covers Pack
bmtg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same in Seq. I think each note of some of the orchestral strings patches in exs19 use 10-12 voices. So if you are playing 4-voice lines legato, you can use up 96 voices right there. If you add some other instruments to the mix, you can quickly lose the legato sound as voices cut off quickly.
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I accept Kronos has some memory limits. So the author, KaPro created the combi and should demonstrate how to perform the orchestra combi without
experiencing unusual note cut off.

If Karma is running a dozen or so patterns using a dozen Programs, for all keys, I would expect polyphony problems.

For example, press the 1-8 pad settings- is there note cut off ? I would expect the author to build a combi where each pad setting worked smoothly.
Gunnar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed this too :)

If you look at how the KaPro PROGs are built, you'll notice that they are using a vast amount of multisamples concurrently. This will tax the HD-1 quite heavily and it definitely shows on the perf meter right away, even when playing some of those sounds in PROG mode. This is also much of the reason they sound so good on their own, after all :)

In COMBIs I've often had to resort to simpler strings. Some times it helps to manually adjust their decay a bit so you still get the attack part, but since the release anyway drowns a bit away, you can tweak that down quite a bit, which helps to let the "right" timbres sound after key-release. Assigning timber priority can also help, but all in all, using simple HD-1 programs is a safe bet. When layering lots of stuff, much of the finesse of the sound will be lost anyway.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: