Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

.sng file unavailable problems..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
playboy354

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: .sng file unavailable problems.. Reply with quote

Anybody get the "File Unavailable " message when trying to load song?
I have gotten it twice now for two different songs, i suppose the files are corrupted but why is this happening? Is there a fix?

Only found one other topic on this when searching forum so I don't know if it's widespread. .
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Re: .sng file unavailable problems.. Reply with quote

playboy354 wrote:
Anybody get the "File Unavailable " message when trying to load song?
I have gotten it twice now for two different songs, i suppose the files are corrupted but why is this happening? Is there a fix?

Only found one other topic on this when searching forum so I don't know if it's widespread. .

I have been working with song files for years, moving them around, etc.
I work carefully, always backing them up to a USB. I also use WAV files
within a Song file. So the WAV always has to be on the SSD or that Song will not load- I always get a clear error saying I am missing a WAV on SSD

So its hard to say whats going on. A wild guess is that you something happened to that Song file while moving it around. Or you changed programs, a PCG file, etc, etc. Just guessing in case u have more details
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Re: .sng file unavailable problems.. Reply with quote

playboy354 wrote:

I don't believe it is widespread. In fact, I can't remember having a single incident all the way back to 2005 with the OASYS (which uses pretty much the same sequencer). I try and make a habit of saving SNG and PCG, and usually make a backup, in case of drive failure.

Did you save to internal HD or to USB stick? If it was the latter, did you format the USB with the Kronos?
playboy354

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saved it to internal drive. I did change programs within the song using the same midi data and then saved for at least one song so don't know if that could have done it?

Also, i have my kronos on a power strip with the speaker monitors.
I noticed that the power strip was not completely plugged in last night so I don't know if it was like this days ago when I saved song and this caused corruption?

I usually do copies of the song and sometimes different versions, same melody etc but different instruments
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: