Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sound Through powered speakers is bad, need advice please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alimbeg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Sound Through powered speakers is bad, need advice please Reply with quote

Hello everyone, so this might be a difficult one, it is for me and frustrating Sad.

I have korg pa3x , a passive mackie profx12 mixer, and a pair of powered EV ELX 115P

I connect left and right output from korg (using Quarter inch cables) to the mixer balanced L/R on same strip, I also tried connecting them on 2 strips to get mono sound. Anyways, my speakers are obviously are connected to output on the mixer like it is suppose to. The problem is I am getting a bad quality out of speakers when im playing at normal volume and when I increase. The bass doesnt sound as sharp and drums do not kick well, everything is just dirty, I do not know how to explain. I set up gain pretty well so gain is not an issue.

But when I tried to connect korg L/R outputs straight to the speakers via qurter inch cables, the quality is great. I can turn up the volume and everything is just great, the bass, the drums no problems.

So is my mixer bad? What should I do to get best quality out of my speakers. I know these speakers are great, I am just not able to get best out of them Sad.

Maybe I should use different cables? Or connect something else on korg? Please help. Thank you!
Reuben
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried putting R to say line 2 fully panned to R and then L into say line 3 fully panned L ?.
Alimbeg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I tried that and I do get the sound, its just not the same quality as when I plug from korg directly to the speakers. Do not get me wrong, theres a sound and I can hear all the instruments when I play the style on my korg, but its just muddy when I give normal level of volume. Idk where the problem could be. Thank you[/list]
al urezzio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: sound problem Reply with quote

how old is your mixer ??? is it multi channels ??? if so ,when you try it in different channels does is sound bad too ?? you have output for your KB into the mixer ,output mixer into speakers , how old are the cable going out the mixer ??? you said they sound great by going direct out to the speakers , so plus you KB output into the mixer ,do not take the mixer output out..put on headphones & listen to your KB ,if it gives you that bad sound ,its the mixer ...
Keymn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:34 am    Post subject: Re: Sound Through powered speakers is bad, need advice pleas Reply with quote

Alimbeg wrote:
Hello everyone, so this might be a difficult one, it is for me and frustrating Sad.

I have korg pa3x , a passive mackie profx12 mixer, and a pair of powered EV ELX 115P

I connect left and right output from korg (using Quarter inch cables) to the mixer balanced L/R on same strip, I also tried connecting them on 2 strips to get mono sound. Anyways, my speakers are obviously are connected to output on the mixer like it is suppose to. The problem is I am getting a bad quality out of speakers when im playing at normal volume and when I increase. The bass doesnt sound as sharp and drums do not kick well, everything is just dirty, I do not know how to explain. I set up gain pretty well so gain is not an issue.

But when I tried to connect korg L/R outputs straight to the speakers via qurter inch cables, the quality is great. I can turn up the volume and everything is just great, the bass, the drums no problems.

So is my mixer bad? What should I do to get best quality out of my speakers. I know these speakers are great, I am just not able to get best out of them Sad.

Maybe I should use different cables? Or connect something else on korg? Please help. Thank you!

That is strange? I had a profx12 mixer. Last New Years job it stopped working. Had to run the power speakers directly from PA3x. I never used it since. Gave it to a DJ and said it works perfect? Go figure?
Bought a Yamaha MG12XU. Easier to setup. I usually set up the mixer first to get maximum gain without distortion at your highest keyboard/mic volume (power speakers off). I Do this at home with headphones. Then when you get to the gig, mixer should be set. I adjust the volume of the power speakers. It should be then clean. I always like to achieve those LED level indicators at full reflection staying out of the red.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa3X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: