Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paddylicious sound

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:18 am    Post subject: Paddylicious sound Reply with quote

Hi,
I am trying to learn and understand sound editing. One of the things I am trying to work out is why the Paddylicious program varies in volume over time. It seems to stay at a particular volume and then after 4s or so the volume increases and then goes quieter again. I can't work out if it is affected by note velocity or some AMS source.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
John
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be an AMS source, but also look into the Amp/EQ section at possible settings like Envelope on page P4, Amp1 and Amp2 EG tabs.

Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There have two EG's. One for Filter , other for AMP.
The AMP EG Attack time delayed the max volume with few seconds. So create the fade in volume effect.
If looking at EG Level/Time Modulation will find the Velocity ST: +26. So at high velocity the Volume level will start from 26 (comparison with 05 from EG) determine a short curve of attack. So the fade in effect is shorten on hi velocity.
Also in the Filter section have the Filter A/B modulation AMS velocity +19.
That control the "brightness" of a sounds depending on the velocity.
Hope this help:-)
jcw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan, using your suggestions, I think I have it basically worked out.
It was good to learn about the Level Modulation.

Do you mind if I ask some more questions.

* LFO (P5). It seems that there is no effect on the sound until the "Intensity to A" is adjusted in the LFO1 Mod tab on the Filter Page (P3). Likewise for Osc 2. Can I ask - what does "A" stand for. Is it "Attack" and hence "B" is for Break?
Secondly - when would one use the Common LFO on Page 3?
* Filter page again (P3) and the MOD tab. This directly affects the Filter EG? It refers to A and B again...does this refer to Filter A and Filter B?

Thanks for your help. I do not know of any one that I can actually talk to get ideas/advice etc.

Secondly, in your suite of programs and combis that you have made, do you have any "Dark" pad types patches. Pads that don't have a lot of motion. If so, I would be interested in purchasing from you.

Cheers
John[/list]
Dan Stesco
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John,

LFO is a Low Freq Oscillator ready to be us as a different MOD source at Pitch, Amp , Filter and more. The P5 Lfo page is a place where you prepare the type of LFO. If is not assign it somewhere, you never hear the LFO effect. So open the OSC pitch page, and increase the LFO2 Int. Will hear the LFO2 how it's work. Now open the P5 LFO page and change the LFO2 waveform, freq. shape...
Regarding A and B. We have two filters on each OSC. Filter A and Filter B The Filters can be rout as serial and parallel. Parallel mod, each filter work separately. Serial, one filter affect the second filter.
About Dark Pad, I don't have a special pack with the pads but if you need something please write me a mail (contact@danstesco.ro) and send me the Link.
Best,
Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: