Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer and controllers query.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Sequencer and controllers query. Reply with quote

Hi,
This is my set up in a combi to control the volume of 4 programs.
Knob 1 - volume
Knob 2- Expression
Knob 3 - IFX3 - stereo limiter/compressor
Knob 4 - IFX4 - stereo limiter/compressor

In the combi, I can successfully fade in the programs as I require during the song.

I copy the combi to the sequencer - auto setup - so that I can record my song.
I turn all the Knobs to 0 - so that I just have my basic sound without the other programs sounding. I record, adjust the knobs accordingly and ...not good....

I play the song I just recorded and I hear all of the programs playing - as though the knobs have not been adjusted at all. I don't hear any of the Knob adjustments. Grr

I have pondered this for a while and spent most of the afternoon reading manual, googling and playing around.

I loaded a template song and tried with one Knob - volume and that worked fine - I recorded something changing the volume and when I played back, the volume changes came through.

Now this was interesting...I tried with a second program in the template song - assigning Knob 2 to expression. I gave both programs the same channel - similar to a combi that would be imported. The expression knob changed the volume of the other program - recording and playback. The volume knob worked as before (yes I checked the midi filter).

There must be some fundamental thing that I am missing. If you know or have a hint, could you let me know. I have tried messing around with Global settings - but since the template song worked, there must be something else.

I am little desperate - I need this to work for a recording in a studio soon.

thanks for you help

John Confused Confused Confused
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have time to do an in-depth test on my own, but here are my thoughts:

First, do you set all the knobs to 0 before or after you kick off the recording? If it's before, you may not have sent the signal, as it were, during recording.

The other thought is: are you set up to record on all channels? Perhaps if not, some of your knob motions aren't being recorded?
jcw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for those thoughts.
I did try recording this way. I started record - waited the 2 bars before the recording started and then waited another bar before I started to play. In the 3rd bar, which is the 1st one of the recording, I dialed the knobs back to zero.

The channels should be the same - since they came from the combi setup, but I will double check that.

Thanks
john
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: