Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Micro X Editor: Saving and loading banks and patches

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soren

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Micro X Editor: Saving and loading banks and patches Reply with quote

I'm using the Micro X Editor. Is it possible to choose which bank a "saved" bank will "load" into? Similarly, is it possible to choose which bank and patch number a "saved" patch will "load" into? If so, HOW? THANKS! Smile
soren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:12 am    Post subject: Micro X Editor: Saving and loading banks and patches Reply with quote

Regarding my previous post...

I'd like to be able to save individual patches and then load them, one at a time, into any bank and location I choose. Being able to drag and drop patches from any bank and location to any other would be even better!

If this is not possible, how are people re/organizing their patches?

Right now... when I load a saved patch, it loads to whatever location it was originally written to and I haven't yet discovered a way to CHOOSE where it will be loaded to. Instead, I can only write it to the desired location AFTER it loads (and obliterates whatever was in that location previously).

Am I making sense? IF SO, AM I DOING SOMETHING WRONG OR STUPID?

I'd love to know. Thanks!
soren

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:59 am    Post subject: UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED Reply with quote

I've learned a few things today that may help others...

HOW TO ORGANIZE PATCHES ON THE KORG MICRO X USING THE EDITOR

STEP 1: SAVE ALL OF YOUR FAVORITE PATCHES, INDIVIDUALLY, AS INDIVIDUAL PATCH FILES

Method 1: Via HW & SW, simultaneously

a) Use SW to review every single patch, saving your favorite patches as individual patch files.

Method 2: Via HW, then SW

a) Load an EMPTY BANK into one of the banks (I prefer Bank E)
NOTE: Remember, deleting/changing/replacing PROGs may break COMBIs and MULTIs!

b) Review every single patch, saving your favorite patches to the EMPTY BANK (now your FAVORITES BANK)

c) Later, using the SW, save your favorite patches, individually, as individual patch files.

STEP 2: CREATE CUSTOM BANK/S OF PATCHES

1) Load an EMPTY BANK (or "target bank") into one of the banks (I prefer Bank E)

2) Select the patch that is currently located where you want a saved patch file to live.

3) Load the saved patch file. The SW will APPEAR to do nothing; but it will actually load the saved patch into the VOLATILE memory of the Micro X.
Unfortunately, I did not discover this (along with a few other things) until today. This lack of information is what was tripping me up. Sad

4) Write (save) the patch on the Micro X. This will write (save) the patch to the NON-volatile memory of the Micro X.
If you don't do this, the newly loaded patch will be totally discarded the moment you change patches or turn off your Micro X.

5) In the SW, choose "Receive 1 Prog/Combi/Multi" in order to synchronize the patch location with the HW.
If you don't do this, the SW will have no idea that that patch location has changed and you may be confused.

6) REPEAT THE PROCESS AS NECESSARY

NOTES:

When you save individual patches, you must manually name the files. My GUESS is that this is because you are apparently saving what is in volatile memory (and therefore considered nameless) rather than what is stored in non-volatile memory (and therefore has a name).

Unlike loading PATCH FILES, loading BANK FILES both writes them into the Micro X's non-volatile memory and updates the SW.

BTW, if you have discovered an error in my conclusions or a better way to do things, I'd love to know about it. This still seems like more work than should be necessary. How hard could it be (or have been) to implement "drag and drop" patch organization? Or, again, maybe I'm just doing something wrong - or at least less wisely than I could be. I'd love to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg X-50 / microX All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: