Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's the best thing your kronos does?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drdave2002

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: What's the best thing your kronos does? Reply with quote

Was just reading a Yamaha Montage moan about their flagship not having a set list feature and that got me thinking......There is far too much on the Kronos (original) that I still don't know about!!!!

I'm sure there is a ton of stuff that I've no clue about.

What's your favourite "thing" ?
Korg Kronos 61, M3-73, Karma (all-time classic), X5, Wavestate, Roland Juno Gi, JV, D110, Arturia Microfreak, Modal Skulpt, IK Uno. Nanopad2, M-Audio Venom, Deepmind 12D, Crave, TB3, Maschine Mk3, Moog Werkstat and a few other bits
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:54 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best thing your kronos does? Reply with quote

drdave2002 wrote:
Was just reading a Yamaha Montage moan about their flagship not having a set list feature and that got me thinking......There is far too much on the Kronos (original) that I still don't know about!!!!

Almost impossible to answer ' one thing '

I love the SEQ. A song writers dream, IMO
pranaearth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:21 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best thing your kronos does? Reply with quote

drdave2002 wrote:

I am a big Wavestation fan, so the wavesequencing and Karma wavesequencing does it for me.
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FX all the way ...

After 9 years with the M3 being limited to 5 IFX, 2 MFX, and 1 TFX, I am loving all the extra FX processors on the Kronos. It makes such a huge difference. Not only is there a lot of them, but they're very high quality too.

I was also unprepared for the drum kits. That was a pleasant surprise I didn't see much of in the demos.
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:

Yeah agree and one of the more basic and newer functions I love is the quick layer/split option

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
KK
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, I particularly enjoy how my K2 can replace almost any other keyboard instrument. I sold three digital instruments to help me fund my K2 purchase last fall. Before I did, I made sure to sample their best sounds on my PC. A few months later, I multisampled them back in the K2 and it's just as if I still own the instruments I sold, but with huge improvements like the great K2 effects, polyphony, etc.

I also do not miss the years when I owned and carried to gigs very heavy gear like a Hammond C3, a Mellotron, etc. The CX-3 engine sounds great and I also use my own Mellotron multisamples on top of the ones available in the K2. I owned quite a few great sounding musical instruments in the past, but I think the K2 is the best digital keyboard instrument ever.
SeedyLee
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allows me to have a home studio without requiring a computer. This makes me happy.
Korg Kronos 2 88, Reface CS, Roland JV-1080, TE OP1, Moog Subsequent 37, Korg ARP Odyssey, Allen & Heath Zed 18, Adam F5, MOTU MIDI Express XT, Lexicon MX200 & MPX1, Yamaha QY700, Yamaha AW16G, Tascam DP008ex, Zoom H6, Organelle, Roland J6 & JU06A

Previous: Triton LE 61/Sampling/64MB/4GB SCSI, MS2000BR, Kronos 1 61, Monotribe, NanoKontrol, NanoKeys, Kaossilator II, Casio HT3000, Roland VP-03, Reface DX, Novation Mininova, MPC One
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many things... but one of those great things, for me, is the audio automation possibilities. And not only the volume ! Very Happy

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
pete.m

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rather than say what my favourite thing about the Kronos is, I'd say that what pleases me most is the number of things that I haven't yet got around to trying out properly - even after five years of very productive use. I haven't yet used Karma, RPPR, or imported soundfonts at all, and have only made use of the audio recording once or twice. By comparison, I felt that I had fully exhausted the creative possibilities of my previous two workstations (Trinity and Triton Extreme) long before I was able to trade up and move on.
geoelectro
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The sound!

Geo
N.I. Komplete 11, Omnisphere 2, VB-3.
HP i7 8GB Win 10
Yamaha P-80 Weighted Keyboard. NanoPad2
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best thing your kronos does? Reply with quote

The fact that Kronos does everything, is the best thing it does. The only synth needed for a desert island.

GregC wrote:

Once you get to know the ins and outs of it, that is 100% true.
afr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What's the best thing your kronos does? Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
drdave2002 wrote:

100% agree with you

The seq is simply fantastic
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing it does..

It makes me happy every time i play it...
4GodnWV

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impossible to pick just one, but a biggie for me is building combis - splits, layers, "velocity curves" (woo-wooo!), plus a number of ways to use switches, sliders, knobs, and pedals to alter the sound live. Save it, slap it in a set list, and make people believe there are three keyboardists and an orchestra on stage.

Plus...what Bachus said!
JPROBERTLA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes a 1 keyboard rig possible without having to give up (almost) anything.; just wish it had more polyphony. But I think it has more than any other workstation in its class. So no real complaint.
Kronos2-88, Behringer XR18, Turbosound IP2000 (x2), dbx DriveRack 260, KRK Rokit 8s, Mackie CFX16, Mackie SRM450(x2), Mackie SRS1500 (x2), BBE processors (x4), Roland VSR 880 (x2), Alto TS210, Alto TX10 (x3) and SoundForge
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: