Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg hinting of new product...Namm 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
John01W wrote:
Here's a thought, could you imagine an analog poly with KARMA? Shocked

yes, use midi out of the kronos

No thanks.
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently the name of the product will include a number:

@8:30

https://microkast.podbean.com/e/korg-microkast-17-the-grey-porg-trinity/
John01W
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.musicradar.com/news/korg-leak-new-product-info-arriving-at-namm-2018
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:
Apparently the name of the product will include a number:

@8:30

https://microkast.podbean.com/e/korg-microkast-17-the-grey-porg-trinity/

KR-2020 Visionary Rhythm Programmer
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John01W wrote:

Its obviously analogue or VA... from the picture they added..

I dont really care about the name at all...

What i want is Korg Combining the Kronos with the PA4x engines and all their PC and IOS engines.

an 88 keyboard with the options of weighted and hammer action.. above that from left to right 16 drumpads, the external section of the Kronos/oasys with led indicators, a 12" 16x9 touchscreen... and to the right, a synth section comparable to the Nord stage.. with a brand new analogue 16 voice 4 oscilators poly hybrid engine where you could also add each of the internal synth engines to replace the analogue oscilators..

The style engine would be used in a different way then on the PA4x, much more like the new Ketron Launchpad feature, which mixes ableton live clip launching with auto arrangement.. no more intro's and endings.. just the auto arrangement following a live played or pre-programmed chord progression.. controlled trough the drum pads...

16 keyboard parts (max 2 assignable to the analogueish part)... +16 parts for accompaniment

... i guess a person has got to dream...
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus, that 'sounds' like a heavenly combination to me. I would love
it! The only thing I will add is that it should cost about $1500 U.S.! Smile Smile Smile
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
John01W wrote:

Its obviously analogue or VA... from the picture they added..

I dont really care about the name at all...

What i want is Korg Combining the Kronos with the PA4x engines and all their PC and IOS engines.

an 88 keyboard with the options of weighted and hammer action.. above that from left to right 16 drumpads, the external section of the Kronos/oasys with led indicators, a 12" 16x9 touchscreen... and to the right, a synth section comparable to the Nord stage.. with a brand new analogue 16 voice 4 oscilators poly hybrid engine where you could also add each of the internal synth engines to replace the analogue oscilators..

The style engine would be used in a different way then on the PA4x, much more like the new Ketron Launchpad feature, which mixes ableton live clip launching with auto arrangement.. no more intro's and endings.. just the auto arrangement following a live played or pre-programmed chord progression.. controlled trough the drum pads...

16 keyboard parts (max 2 assignable to the analogueish part)... +16 parts for accompaniment

... i guess a person has got to dream...

I agree with many of your wish list items.

I hope Korg does launch a new high end w/s by January. Hoping they keep the SEQ, further develop it, make it 32 midi tracks. and maintain the SONG format.

and if they don't, I am preparing to switch recording platforms like many have switched in the past.
DennyC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, my intentions were to bring to levity to the subject...but I guess
some thought I was being serious. Smile
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heheh, I actually thought Bachus' post was the joke-post, but it would be amazing if Korg did do a 16 voice analogue synth for 1500usd like you joked. It is funny the amount of speculation just from name hints. I think the name of a synth is important. Korg has had some pretty dumb naming schemes lately, like "Volca". WTF is a Volca? Sounds like the name of a car. And then the 'logues. Minilogue always make me think of Kylie Minogue and a monologue is a boring deadpan voice talking about boring images in a boring documentary. Oh yeah, anything with "tribe" tacked onto it is firmly stuck in the 90's, when we all know it's the 80's and 70's that synth chic is trying to emulate currently. With that in mind, "Tron" should be the naming convention that Korg need to expand. PolyTron 88. An analogue 88 key length multi-touch ribbon controlled 6 voice poly synth with a ratcheting analogue 128 step sequencer and external signal processor (although esp's are pretty much standard now on Korg synths). 1988 was a great year also so 88 should be in the name.
I couldn't find any picture of any synth on the microKAST page, btw....
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Weirdofromouterspace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
"Tron" should be the naming convention that Korg need to expand. PolyTron 88.

And MellowTron for smooth pad sounds Cool Mr. Green .

SCNR & *duckandrun*
Kawai: K1
Roland: JX-03
DIY: MFOS Sound Lab Mini Synth Plus | MFOS Sound Lab Ultimate & Expander | MFOS 12-Band Vocoder | TTSH | Jasper | ARP 1601 Sequencer
Bachus
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennyC wrote:
it! The only thing I will add is that it should cost about $1500 U.S.! Smile Smile Smile

Sure thing, for that price you can probably rent it a whole week...

But when you add the price of the Kronos to a 16 voice analogue.. and add another 1000 then you might be in buiseness.. 7k i would estimate...

If people shelve 5.5k for a Yamaha Genos... 7k might even be considered a real deal..
Mr_SamDoogie

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bachus wrote:
DennyC wrote:

Sure thing, for that price you can probably rent it a whole week...

But when you add the price of the Kronos to a 16 voice analogue.. and add another 1000 then you might be in buiseness.. 7k i would estimate...

If people shelve 5.5k for a Yamaha Genos... 7k might even be considered a real deal..

You've forgot a smiley face or LOL at the end Mr Bachus. For real with such prices the next iteration to the next would be after 10 years. (btw the Genos is an Arranger Digital Workstation)

Korg MW1, Casio PX5S & XW-G1, Roland JD-Xi,Yamaha Montage 7, Roland D-05, Bass Station II, Cubase Elements, Sonar X3 Producer.Handfull of IOs Apps iMPC,Animoog : Korg IMS-20,Module, IM1, Gadget etc.
Bertotti
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikronos1
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weirdofromouterspace wrote:
megamarkd wrote:
"Tron" should be the naming convention that Korg need to expand. PolyTron 88.

And MellowTron for smooth pad sounds Cool Mr. Green .

SCNR & *duckandrun*

A Mellotron would be nice, but I think real tape is the only way to make one that sounds authentic. I've wanted to make a Mellotron emulation for a bit over a decade, but never really got it right. Tape is the only way to get the saturation and the warble that made that special sound. The official Mellotron reissues are too expensive and aren't right either.

Oh, I found the pic in the music radar article and I think it's just an image to make the page look complete more than a speculation on what the product will be.

I also finally understood the "Porg" title...... Embarassed (Phairly Overweight Racket Generator Wink )

On another forum the topic has been raised also with a quote of this article: https://ask.audio/articles/korg-working-on-mind-blowing-analog-poly-synth-at-namm-2018 which gets it's info from the ever-lovin' Matrixsynth site http://www.matrixsynth.com/2017/10/new-korg-synth-coming-to-namm.html who got their's from the same podcasts we have listened to, but also a new mystery source in the way of a soundcloud user named Soviet Space Child (so it must be good).

Interestingly the article mention Tats had a hand in it, which is promising, though it would be nice to hear that someone like RDJ got to have some input again. Having a high profile musician who is as devoted to synthesis as composition is a real boon as it means features that are more likely to be inspirational in their implementation rather than just another parameter in a menu.

Poly8000....I thought of that name but thought, no, that's like the MS2000 and it seems that it was the only one to suffer with the "let's just add some zeros to the synth's name!" fate. Adding zeros...reminds me of a song: https://youtu.be/jkxoWo2nRgo?t=5s well perhaps more a movie, but the song is not bad.

Also I really hope they don't do a Poly8000 as it was a bit hobbled. 8 voices sharing two envelopes, one filter and one amp. Sure you can play chords on it, but the thing is still gonna sound a little flat. I almost bought one a few years back but when I demo'd it, it sounded sorta lacking.
And besides that, I thought the (Kylie) Minilogue was a great successor to the Poly800, even if the DW8000 was it's actual successor. If the words "mind blowing" are being bandied about, it bloody well better not be a Poly8000 and more like an analogue hybrid Radias!
slug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:

A Mellotron would be nice, but I think real tape is the only way to make one that sounds authentic. I've wanted to make a Mellotron emulation for a bit over a decade, but never really got it right. Tape is the only way to get the saturation and the warble that made that special sound. The official Mellotron reissues are too expensive and aren't right either.

If you havent seen it already, after watching "The Great British Tron Story" it becomes very obvious why emulations and sample sets fail to capture "that" Mellotron sound.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: