Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg hinting of new product...Namm 18
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic :: View next topic  
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slug wrote:
megamarkd wrote:

A Mellotron would be nice, but I think real tape is the only way to make one that sounds authentic. I've wanted to make a Mellotron emulation for a bit over a decade, but never really got it right. Tape is the only way to get the saturation and the warble that made that special sound. The official Mellotron reissues are too expensive and aren't right either.

If you havent seen it already, after watching "The Great British Tron Story" it becomes very obvious why emulations and sample sets fail to capture "that" Mellotron sound.

No, I haven't seen that, thank you muchly for the information, I'll chase it down immediately!
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
Weirdofromouterspace

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

megamarkd wrote:
Weirdofromouterspace wrote:

And MellowTron for smooth pad sounds Cool Mr. Green .

SCNR & *duckandrun*

A Mellotron would be nice, but I think real tape is the only way to make one that sounds authentic.

Oops.. I was actually only kidding with that "Mellow..." and "smooth pads" word play Wink.

I didn't mean I really expect some M-Tron emulations or whatever. There's always (digital but with an authentic look and sound) 'trons available, and of course you can use authentic samples - that's what I mostly use my Korg microSampler for Very Happy.
Kawai: K1
Roland: JX-03
DIY: MFOS Sound Lab Mini Synth Plus | MFOS Sound Lab Ultimate & Expander | MFOS 12-Band Vocoder | TTSH | Jasper | ARP 1601 Sequencer
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, it might be heresy on a Korg Kronos forum, and being a Kronos owner myself Wink , but I was not impressed with the 'tron sounds in HD1, compared to my GFORCE MTRON Pro, which has each key individually sampled the full length. Of course itself no substitute for the real thing, but I think the next best if you don't have the money or space for the original (and far less maintenance headache!)

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
Hi, it might be heresy on a Korg Kronos forum, and being a Kronos owner myself Wink , but I was not impressed with the 'tron sounds in HD1, compared to my GFORCE MTRON Pro, which has each key individually sampled the full length. Of course itself no substitute for the real thing, but I think the next best if you don't have the money or space for the original (and far less maintenance headache!)

I think the M-tron sounds typically Korgish, if thats a word.

However, they record beautifully.

Is your context live performance in a tribute band ?
Derek Cook
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregC wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:

Both live and studio for tribute and original material. I gigged Mellotron sounds for quite a few years using MEL-LABS in my EX5 (which I had a small part in making many years ago). My EX5 is now retired, but I will shortly have a PC in my gig rack for all my soft synths as well as Kronos, Montage and Nord G2 (should be quite a rig with that lot! Smile

Back OT, will of course be keen to see what Korg come up with next.

Follow kronos.factory development and submit ideas over at the kronos.factory Trello Board

My Echoes Music Website
My Carreg Ddu Music Website
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Derek Cook wrote:
GregC wrote:
Derek Cook wrote:

Both live and studio for tribute and original material. I gigged Mellotron sounds for quite a few years using MEL-LABS in my EX5 (which I had a small part in making many years ago). My EX5 is now retired, but I will shortly have a PC in my gig rack for all my soft synths as well as Kronos, Montage and Nord G2 (should be quite a rig with that lot! Smile

Back OT, will of course be keen to see what Korg come up with next.

no doubt , you have a lot of excellent gear.

I am very interested in what Korg does. or does not do over the next 2 months.

I am making plans.
megamarkd
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched the m-tron vid, not bad. Felt like a promo by the end and I'm guessing that is exactly what is was, but done in a way that means the Mellotron gets the same treatment the far less deserving instruments from the 80's have had way too much of. I haven't looking into the Mtron for awhile now so it was news to discover they are making the real deal again.
---------
I know we ain't gonna get anything close to a full run down of what the new product is going to be, that is the point of NAMM, the unveiling of new products. So, for the next two months all that will happen is speculation based on what someone in a 'net commentary show says about possible names...

PhatSixySeiser.
Stuff I'm using: Umm right now, well there's a Volca Drum, a Micro Freak, an ADX-1, a Pulse, a Blofeld, a UNO Drum, KeyStep/Beatstep Pro/Keystep Pro (one of each), a Circuit, a LiveTrak L-12 and this nonsense: The Brief-case as it was about a bit over a year ago (the the complete ridiculous GAS monster collection here)and here
kekule

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally it's PROLOGUE 8 and PROLOGUE 16...

I saw it in a French forum :
http://www.audiokeys.net/forum/showthread.php/52773-NAMM-2018-KORG-PROLOGUE-8-et-KORG-PROLOGUE-16?highlight=prologue

Regards
RKfan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Translated from the French site - believe it if you will Reply with quote

Prologue , KORG's new hybrid

analogue synth Synthesizer Polyphonic analog synthesizer 8 channels of 49 keys and the version 16 tracks of 61 keys, which one can qualify of synth "hybrid" of the integration of a digital motor in the center of its entirely analog circuit.

Close cousin of KORG's already famous minilogue and monologue, the prologue is a complete and fully programmable polyphonic analog synthesizer. Hormone boosted version, it differs from these predecessors by a keyboard with large keys, a polyphony of 8 or 16 channels (depending on the model) and a new engine
digital sound (the multi-engine) greatly expanding the sound and customization possibilities. As you will understand, the prologue range includes two models: the 49-key, 8-channel version and the 61-key, 16-channel version. Let's find out more about what's hidden under this beast ...

Analog Power

The prologue takes the powerful analog circuits that made the strength of its predecessors (minilogue and monologue), and therefore offers an incomparable quality of sound and a amazing presence. More than 11000 electronic components have been used for its manufacture! The prologueis composed of 2VCO, 1VCF, 2EG, 1VCA and 1LFO. It also features the famous built-in oscillator allowing you to create unique waveforms to refine your harmonies and create breathtaking sounds. Add to that a bipolar low-pass filter and powerful distortion and you have a powerful analog palette to create deep bass, powerful leads, and the beautiful pads that are expected of a polyphonic synthesizer. Also note that the prologue is bi-timbral, and allows you to play two different programs simultaneously.

Despite its analog power, the prologuemaintains its ease of use and intuitive interface worthy of the latest KORG synthesizers. You will find on the panel the easy selection of channel modes (POLY, MONO, UNISSON, CHORD ...), the powerful arpeggiator, or the simplified selection (and sortable) of the 500 programs.

The freedom of digital

The ingenuity of the prologue goes beyond its analog design. Indeed, by adding to the original 2 VCOs a third MULTI ENGINE digital oscillator, KORG is exploring new experimental sites. This new engine, adding digital and FM waveforms, can be combined with analog VCOs to extend the sound potential of the prologuefar beyond that of a traditional analog synthesizer. The noise generator, the VPM oscillator and the high-quality digital effects (modulation and delay / reverb) bring you complex metallic sounds and harmonics that you never thought possible.

Another novelty, and not least, this new engine MULTI ENGINE offers a USER mode that allows you to load oscillator programs of your own creation (and yes!) You can develop on the dedicated software (available in early spring 2018 ). There are sixteen slots for this parameter. Many waiting for a minilogue with big touches. In the end KORG did better, but still listened to users' comments.prologue of keyboards of 49 and 61 keys, which offer the same feel and expression as KORG high end keyboards.
Beyond the keyboard, KORG has really paid attention to the details of the overall design. The body of the prologue synthesizer offers a black aluminum panel, wooden side panels and metal potentiometers highlighting the beauty of the instrument that will be as comfortable on stage as in the studio.

The first copies of this powerful synthesizer should arrive in France in March. The price of the 8-way model should run around 1500 € and we are talking about 2000 € for the 16-channel version.
afr

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://i.imgur.com/8epSPpO.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/baou2wn.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/jq6APac.jpg

https://www.kennysmusic.co.uk/media/wysiwyg/prologue-news-1.jpg[/img]
Hooked On Sonics

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, 2018, looks like this is shaping up to be the year of the Polys, very very cool, also waiting, hoping, anticipating Moog setting the JUCE ... LOOSE!!!
Korg Kronos II - Instant Karma's Gonna Get You, Synth Wars - The Rise of the KARP 2600, OBX8 Kenobi - The Return of the Synth, KARP & Odyessey, Moog One - The Poly Menace, Vintage 2016 Model D, Voyager of Sinbad XL, Fooger Family of Six, Three Mothers Like No Others, Naboo Royal MiniTaur, MoogClaraVox, Criklon V2, in living color, Elektron RytmII Avenue, Neuman U67
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prophecy VSTi ?

If it’s prophecy, 01/w, Z1, or trinity recreation in hardware or software form I’m buying it in an instant.

These 4 synths are timeless, best of the best, work of art and engineering, top class, definitely deserve some kind of award.
The korg team that created these beasts are my greatest heros.

in few years they’ll be much more worth than any moog, prophet, or full size church pipe organ!
Vadim
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh bummer, just saw that it’s another “anal-log” synth... boring.
But looks nice.

Will have to wait until behringer recreates Z1 or prophecy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Latest News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: