Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New WavesArt Pa4X Rhodes Mark V Library

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: New WavesArt Pa4X Rhodes Mark V Library Reply with quote

Rhodes E.Piano lovers ... this is your moment !!!
WavesArt has developed the original Rhodes mark V 73 keybed adapted in pa4X 76 semi weighted keybed
with 4 velocity layers (choosen from our 24) with natural notes duration/resonance/release/mechanical FX and
all that you can hear from jack output of Mark V plus added Chorus/Phaser/Tremolo FX plus DX7 Bell piano
combi in less than 70 Mb Ram (compressed) !!! ... more info at http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries

For better sound format use the following :

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V

Last edited by AntonySharmman on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
korg1
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exellent job Antony,concrats!!!!!!! Best Rhodes ever!!!!!!

https://pasongstyles.com/
https://soundcloud.com/korgfx
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WavesArt Pa4X Rhodes Mark V Sound library is already in circulation :
http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries/Pa4X%20Rhodes%20Mark%20V.html

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
I'd forgotten haw naff the PA EP's were...anyone know of any sound designers that have some different EP's available?

Wink ...

pax-eterna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Antony, no sorry m8, that simply does not cut it at all for me. It is still way too yammie "dx7'ish" Too 'tiney"....I owned a mark II 73 Dyno Rhodes and to date ONLY the VST versions have nailed it. Lounge Lizard EP4, Scarbee even Neo-Soul.\among others, even the Kronos EPs' while very good are still not quite there.

Pertty much all the EP's on the PA4 are the same. The Wurlis are perhaps a TINY bit better and mroe useable.

Your version there is okay for the tinkly dx7 style of EP, but has none of the growl or bite and too much "bell" to be honest.

As always this is just my view, and I'm sure many others will think it's the "best ever" but not me.

I do like your website and the other things you produce, albeit too expensive for me, but you do good work!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
It is still way too yammie "dx7'ish" Too 'tiney"....I owned a mark II 73 Dyno Rhodes
and to date ONLY the VST versions have nailed it.

"dx7'ish" ? Shocked not even close !
I own Rhodes Mark V in my studio and this library was made by this using very advanced dynamometric
electric hammers (my concept) I've made in order to sample 24 velocity layers ! definately not even close
to Lounge Lizard digital stuff and Kronos EP , this is the real Mark V and you should had distinguished as a
previous owner of Rhodes that demo runs under Tremolo and Phase effect for customers commercial taste reasons !
My pianist mates instantly recognized also the model of Rhodes as a piece of cake !
Anyway , althought it's a clear matter of taste , I had to inform you about the hidden beast behind effects !

pax-eterna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
Anyway , althought it's a clear matter of taste , I had to inform you about the hidden beast behind effects !

Definitely m8! And this one is nice enough.Nothing like a MKII though...MKV was always too "bell like" for me anyway. Probs more developed for guys like Chick Corea et al really.

I am much mroe an older Rhodes devotee TBH. As I wrote it's nice work, and it resembles a Rhodes, later model, but still not "there" imho, sorry. As I wrote in another thread, I say it as I think it. Nothing personal!

And re this : I had to inform you about the hidden beast behind effects !

Not sure where you get this from...perhaps you have me confused with someone else? Unless of course you can show me where this is suppsoed to have been done?
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
hidden beast behind effects !

It's crystal clear : the hidden original clear sound in demo behind effects !
I also dislike previous models , so no discussion point here ... this is a Mark V and destination
is strictly Fender Rhodes MarK V lovers ! Wink

BTW : If you like "Lounge Lizard" for Pa4X , you can order it there http://wavesart.eu/Hire

pax-eterna

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:

BTW : If you like "Lounge Lizard" for Pa4X , you can order it there http://wavesart.eu/Hire

haha, thanks Antony, but way too expensive for me! Your generic libraries are not in my league so I can hardly imagine how much a "custom" sound would be hahaha!

Good luck to you though, I am sure you fill a need for some folks!
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A simple sound like tiny Lounge Lizard with one layer and one release layer , will cost less than complex
genuine Mark V , if you calculate hire cost per hour ! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: