Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just bought back MY Trinity!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2022 2:01 pm    Post subject: Just bought back MY Trinity!!! Reply with quote

Hi all,
Crazy story!! Sold my loaded with all options Trinity maybe 15 years ago and always regretted selling it. 2 weeks ago I was browsing FB Market Place for another Korg synth and fell on a listing from a pawnshop nearby. It was advertised as a Trinity Plus but the only picture was showing a Trinity without the Plus sticker(which I had removed at the time).

Arriving at the pawnshop, first thing I do is look at the back and sure enough, I see the HDR and DI options installed. I say to myself, could it be my unit I had at the time? First thing I do is go to the PBS page on Global and there I find my custom samples I had loaded back then!! Previous owner(s) never managed to use the feature!!

The unit is still in good shape, only bad luck I had so far is the ZIP drive I had at the time, and still kept, isn’t recognized by the synth. And all my custom PCGs and samples I had are on those ZIP disks but I can’t retreive them!!

God this thing sounds good!! I’ve had Tritons and Kronos since then and this silver beast still sounds excellent… and it comes from 1995!!
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2022 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what are the odds? I still have my Trinity plus that I purchased new way back. It is a great instrument but I rarely use it these days. Great story! Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
blinkofanI
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2022 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, what are the odds!! It’s been quite a ride since, trying to find an external SCSI drive to use with the HDR option!! Found a ZIP drive so I could get access to my old PCGs and samples. Bought a JAZ drive that I can’t have the Trinity format the disks. Then bought a Syquest Syjet, this one is working great so far.

Fortunately, these old tech are selling really cheap if you shop around a bit. I’m setting up a « no computer » system to see if I’ll enjoy making music, 1995-style!! The Trinity sequencer wasn’t that bad IIRC. Time will tell.
nitecrawler
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blinkofanI wrote:
Yeah, what are the odds!! It’s been quite a ride since, trying to find an external SCSI drive to use with the HDR option!! Found a ZIP drive so I could get access to my old PCGs and samples. Bought a JAZ drive that I can’t have the Trinity format the disks. Then bought a Syquest Syjet, this one is working great so far.

Fortunately, these old tech are selling really cheap if you shop around a bit. I’m setting up a « no computer » system to see if I’ll enjoy making music, 1995-style!! The Trinity sequencer wasn’t that bad IIRC. Time will tell.

+1 I only use my Trinity as a backup keyboard when playing live. I will have to refresh myself with this board because there were sounds that I really liked back in the day when it was my main board. Cool

Montage M7, Pa5x76, Nautilus, PA3Xle, Oasys 76, Mini-Moog, EMU Audity 2000, Motion Sound KBR 3D amp, Presonus and Reaper DAW W/Tannoy Reveal 501A powered monitors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Trinity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: