Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Loading multisamples in the Kross

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Loading multisamples in the Kross Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have just read in a forum (wainting for an answer there) that it is possible to do so, up to 8 mo size. I have some nice tiny sf2/soundfont instruments that i would love to load in the Kross.
Any idea how could that be possible ?

Thanks
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you'd have to convert the samples in the SF2 file to WAV format (using Awave Studio or some similar sample conversion software); then load them into Kromatic and manually build the multisamples, and save everything in Krome IMG files; and then use the latest version of Kromatool to convert the Krome IMG files to Kross format...then of course you'll have to design some new Kross programs to use your new multisamples...a long and complicated process, you'll have to really want to use those SF2s in your Kross (!)...

df

PhilC: I could try to convert your SF2 to a Kross IMG file for you...take a look at your messages...
PhilC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the very late answer, i thought it was a lost cause!

I am checking your message right now.
rogerlevy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this the only way to create/edit multisamples on the Kross?
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogerlevy wrote:
Is this the only way to create/edit multisamples on the Kross?

That's the only way on Kross 1...I don't know about Kross 2, it has other ways to bring in samples, and supposedly can't load Kromatic / Kromatool IMG files (???)...

df

(I did convert a couple of sf2 files for PhilC, but as noted it's complicated and time-consuming...it's only worth doing for samples that you REALLY need or want, like my old Deagan vibraharp samples, and you also have to be a retired computer design engineer, or someone else who has the time and knowledge...)
KalvinB

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:01 am    Post subject: Samples into Korg Kross 2 Reply with quote

The only way I know of is to convert your samples to .wav files. There's a video on Youtube showing how to import multiple .wav files and map the sounds across the keyboard but the method has lots of limitations (I've tried it and it works but . . .).

Korg has a proprietary way of importing multisamples on the Kross 2 line that they use to localize their keyboards (as in India) but they're not sharing that info with Korg users.
dfahrner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correcton: the utility I use to convert Krome format samples/multisamples (.img files) to Kross format is KSTool V2.0.0 (not Kromatool, which was an earlier Krome sample import utility)...

df
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> KORG Kross All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: