Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monologue and Ableton

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pompey Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Monologue and Ableton Reply with quote

Hi ive just got a monologue and am having trouble getting it to show up as a midi device in ableton preferences. Im running a usb midi lead straight from the Korg to the laptop, it shows up in the usb midi driver software but nothing in ableton, am i doing something stupid, any help really appreciated
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be Ableton then. The Monologue is class compliant. If it shows up on your computer then there's nothing wrong w/ the cable nor with the Monologue. I'd ask it in an Ableton forum. Did you pay money for that DAW? Then, in my opinion, you've the right to support from the manufacturer. Ask them.

Good luck! Smile

P.S. I don't use Ableton, I use QTractor and Linux.
Pompey Chris

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, i re installed ableton to see if that was the problem, it made no difference, awaiting a reply from Ableton help desk, ill keep you informed, thanks
Pompey Chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well after 3 days of re installing drivers, resetting Ableton, again and again Ableton dont know whats causing it. I have another keyboard that shows up using midi usb, so im sort of lost for ideas, gutted
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pompey Chris wrote:
well after 3 days of re installing drivers, resetting Ableton, again and again Ableton dont know whats causing it. I have another keyboard that shows up using midi usb, so im sort of lost for ideas, gutted

You do not need a driver for the Monologue (that's what class compliant means!). One probably only needs the "driver" from Korg's website for the 'Sound librarian' software to work. I use Linux, and there is no driver for Linux. And in every DAW/sequencer I've used (Qtractor, Seq24) it works just fine. So you see: you really don't need a driver.

What did they say in the Ableton forum? If the Monologue shows up in the Librarian software then chances of being anything wrong w/ the Monologue are nil. If nobody w/ Ableton experience will reply here then the only thing now for you to do is to use another DAW but Ableton to make sure it's not your Monologue. I don't know how one is supposed to connect a Midi synth to Ableton. Maybe you've got a trial version of Ableton that only allows you to use one apparatus at the time and the keyboard you're talking about is the one. Only the sweet Lord know how Ablton works. My bet is that you're not very experienced w/ Ableton and that's why it won't work.

Have you got a link to the forum topic in an Ableton forum where you asked this question? If not: ask it in an Ableton forum.

I hope that somebody w/ Ableton experience and a Monologue will reply here.
mono-mono83

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works fine for me, so it must be a personal problem. Can you please post a screen shot of your options screen on the midi tab? I have a feeling you're thinking it should be in the controllers list, but you'll only see it in the midi inputs list at the bottom since there is no map in Ableton for the monologue.

Between the 12 on/off switches in Ableton and the menus on the monologue, you should be able to modify a number of ways that the two devices interact.
MeneerJansen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono-mono83 wrote:
This works fine for me, so it must be a personal problem. Can you please post a screen shot of your options screen on the midi tab? I have a feeling you're thinking it should be in the controllers list, but you'll only see it in the midi inputs list at the bottom since there is no map in Ableton for the monologue.

Between the 12 on/off switches in Ableton and the menus on the monologue, you should be able to modify a number of ways that the two devices interact.

This topic was started 4 months ago...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Analog Synths (General) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: