Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pa1xpro would not boot
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I measured time today and my pro would boot in 42.31 seconds What the hell is going on?
Wacky
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you make new thread here on forum?
How big hdd is ? I think its optimal up to 80gb,
What files are you usin for boot reair, it have to be 2 files, o.s and resources
Cian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, everything that I've done is documented right in this thread. I have performed all kinds of HD cleaning, defragmentation and bad sectors checking, etc. etc. Everything and anything possible to "cure" supposedly bad HD. After that exhausting "fixing" I had still problems with booting, it took again a couple of hours. After a while it was something like 10 minutes but lately, right before Christmas it started booting in 42 seconds. I need to say that I did not reinstall OS or resources as suggested here. All I've done was just routine HD testing and maintenance that we do with our PC when it gets too slow. I did not even take a HD out of machine, I just connected the pro to my desktop. It is really very perplexing what is happening here. I summarize it again: After exhausting HD maintenance there was no improvement. After several weeks passed, booting took some 10 minutes and after several weeks or a couple of month since the problem has started, booting takes some 42 seconds. Actually, I had this booting time before the problem has started. One more thing. I have never mentioned it before because I thought it was irrelevant. I traveled some 800 miles with kb and only after that problems have started. I took extreme care of kb though, I have SKB case which is very durable and transported kb in a car. Even if the problem was caused by transportation why it would get fixed after a while by itself or with maintenance. I have to stop here because I am starting getting headache from all these ambiguities.
neverkorgagain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can only say i understand you very well.. HDD in every keyboard is potential hedache..... now im happy with pa3x i dont have hdd.... or i can use ssd instead.... i dont now what to say to you... try that hdd in some other pa1x and it may be cable problem in your pa1x or hardware.....
horby allthumbs

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2020 12:16 am    Post subject: booting Reply with quote

I believe the PA1X doesn't boot from the hard drive , it boots from the internal "SSD" which are nand memory chips apparently soldered to the main board so any booting problem cannot be solved by playing with the PATA 2.5" hard drive
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa1X - Pa1Xpro All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: