Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are there Krome programs for Moog/Mellotron/Hammond?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acooljt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Are there Krome programs for Moog/Mellotron/Hammond? Reply with quote

I finally bought a Krome which is currently in transit to me. Up to now, I've been pretty much strictly a piano player, this is pretty much my first keyboard/workstation. I'm sure the instruments listed in the title are copywritten/trademarked so there's no program named "Moog Synthesizer" but I was wondering if any of the factory programs address these instruments? The first song that comes to mind to learn is And You And I by Yes but I believe Rick Wakeman used a Moog if I'm not mistaken. Sorry if this is a newb question, I did attempt a google search.
CherryPistolKeys

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:49 pm    Post subject: Mellotrons Reply with quote

You can do a search (most are in the B bank) for the word "tron". These have the choir, brass, string and flute Mellotron sounds that you'd be looking for in the Krome. You can do the search in the PDF file listing the factory programs to make it easier, and you'll also find some that combine Mellotron voice/strings, etc.

Some of the Hammond sounds in the Krome are pretty good. If you need more, there are packs available that would work well for you, especially the Dan Stesco Killer Organ Pack.

The Moog: While Dan and others have synth packs for sale, you have to remember that the Minimoog had no memory, and you had to turn knobs to get the sounds you wanted. If you want to use the Krome as a lead synth, it is possible to do it on your own since most of the waveforms necessary are in there. There are some tutorials for programming the Krome on Kromeheaven and other places, so if you need a jumpstart on how to program this beast, it's a good place to start.
Kurzweil K2000 and K2000R
Roland D-50
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland A-30
Alesis QSR
Acooljt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help!

Do you know what the Hammond programs are called?

Is there anything close to the Moog? Like And You And I?
yank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Moog sounds are usually marked as "MG" in the Krome.You can find some close to Minimoog in the presets but i recommend Dan Stesco's Vintage or JMJ pack to get pretty analog like sounds. Or program your own!
Acooljt

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know where I'd find these Dan Stesco's programs?

I'd program my own but I don't really have time to learn all that beyond twisting a few knobs. I'm primarily a guitar player so most of my time is dedicated to that. If I was a full-time musician maybe I'd have the time but right now I have to ration my time between all of my interests, unfortunately.
jggiano

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:32 am    Post subject: Krome Sounds Reply with quote

For Dan Stesco's website:

http://www.danstesco.ro

You won't be sorry!
CherryPistolKeys

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: When you receive it... Reply with quote

You don't even have the keyboard yet, so when you do, hook up some headphones and start cruising thru all the internal sounds.

There are many organ sounds already in the Krome, and while different people have different opinions on what makes a good organ sound, I believe you will find quite a few Krome organs that you'll find useful and fun to play.
Kurzweil K2000 and K2000R
Roland D-50
Roland Jupiter 8
Roland A-30
Alesis QSR
Acooljt

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, thank you for the help. Korg is known for their quality (hence why I purchased from them) so I have no doubt their factory programs are stellar. And I'm betting with a few tweaks of the control knobs that I can probably get close to anything I'd ever want. I'm pretty excited to sit down with it.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan Stesco is your man and very helpful too, I have 3 of this libraries and they are excellent. It might be difficult to find a really authentic B3 with C3/V3 chorus for that gritty B3/Leslie rock organ on the Krome but you can trigger vibrato speed with the controller. If you are looking for a good B3 emulator, the Roland VR-09 will do the job and lightweight. Good luck ! Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
kemmorris

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome's "Killer B" is a pretty darn good Hammond B3 sound especially when you manipulate a bit with the "Rotary Speaker" effect. Lots of other organ sounds also on the Krome, you may find you don't need any additional.
gnbutt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are going the VST route, the B5 V2 Hammond emulation from Acousticsamples does a pretty convincing replication of the authentic Hammond B3/Leslie 122 combination. I did own a B3 and 122 for 25 years until I could not lug it around anymore. A laptop, software and a keyboard controller will now do the trick with much less work and far cheaper $$ believe me. Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Krome All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: