Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg pa 1000 / 700 keybed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject: Korg pa 1000 / 700 keybed Reply with quote

Hi
Would like to know from friends those who have korg pa 1000 / 700 , how are keybed of pa 700 / 1000 ... Are those the same like keybed of korg pa 600 / 900 ?
Thanks
Make Music !!!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a PA700 last week and I think that it is a marvelous machine.

The action seems fine to me. I have been playing for 40+ years and can adapt to any keybed. While I prefer a weighted keybed, I have played on some terrible keybeds in my time. I found the Korg to be fast and responsive.

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Musicwithharry , as I understud you haven't pa600 or 900 ...
I want to know ( compare ) two keybed .... If those are the same ...
Thanks again , but will waiting for some an other answer Smile
Make Music !!!
ingar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Korg pa 1000 / 700 keybed Reply with quote

Lika wrote:
Hi
Would like to know from friends those who have korg pa 1000 / 700 , how are keybed of pa 700 / 1000 ... Are those the same like keybed of korg pa 600 / 900 ?
Thanks
I've played Korg 800, 900, Tyros 3, 4 and 5. Psr 950 and 970. The keybed of psr 950 and 970 was plasticlike and noisy. The Korg 900 was slightly better, but also a bit noisy, especially if you unleashed the key fast. I guess that PA 1000 is far better, more like Pa4x and Tyros.
Just mine to cents.
Regards Ingar
wma

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pa1000: fatar tp/9s weighted with aftertouch - you can find it on several keyboards, it's smooth and very good in action and quality but still not as smooth or playable in the way as the tp/8 used on pa3x/4x - it's because the keys under the hood are taller maybe by about an inch - it depends on how you like it

pa700 i belief it's the same as the one used on pa600 , krome, like yamaha psr keybeds each set of keys are linked together not separated or sprig loaded - maybe for this reason it lacks aftertouch but i think it's exceptional and playable
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks but I don't believe that pa1000 has fatar tp/9s keybed Sad , because it have the same shape of pa900 and can't fit this keybed there Sad
I am 99% sure that pa1000 has pa900 keybed and pa700 has pa600 keybed Sad
Would like to hear from those members of forums which declare that have pa1000 and pa700 ....
Thanks again , but will waiting for some sure answer ....
Make Music !!!
Musicwithharry
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should consider the PA700/PA1000 and return it if you do not like it. Spending all of this time about a 'keybed' seems a bit counter-productive to me...

Maybe I've not owned a PA600 or PA900, but I've owned the PA500 and have had access to the different Korg PA series for years.

I've also been using the PA700 for over a week now, using it daily in my business and the action seems to be fine. You will adapt to it.

I think that the most difficult thing to get used to is the DNC articulations for the DNC-enabled voices. Additionally, learning the intros/endings for the different styles I use take a bit of time. I like to play with them, so it sounds more like I'm actually part of the 'band'...

Grace,
Harry
Alesis Vortex Keytar, Alesis QS6.2, Alesis QSR, Alesis SR-16, Behringer Deepmind-12, Ensoniq Avista 7600, Ensoniq VFX, Ensoniq VFX-SD, Ensoniq SQ1+, (2) Ensoniq SQ-R+/32, Korg i3 (2020 Version), (2) Korg Kross 1-61, (2) Korg Kross 1-88, Korg Minilogue XD, Korg Minilogue XD Module, Korg M50-61, Korg PA700, Korg X5DR, Korg Z3, Kurzweil SP1, Lowrey EZP3 (bascially a Kawai), Roland D-05, Roland E-09, Waldorf Streichfett, Yamaha Reface CP, Yamaha Reface CS, Yamaha Reface DX, Yamaha Reface YC
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Can't understud what did you Musicwithharry said Smile but I have not problem with your answer Smile , I want buy a pa1000 and want to know if its keybed is the same with pa600/900 ...
Pa500 keybed is different of pa900/600 .... Smile
That's all Smile
Make Music !!!
keyofZ

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:28 pm    Post subject: PA600 was the Worst keybed period Reply with quote

I have a PA900. Waiting on my PA1000. Have a Montage 7. Had a M3
I had a PA600. I would not play it. Until I absolutely had to(writing songs.)Because the keybed was so bad.
So The OP. Has a point of concern as far as. What the keybed Feels like.
Where the Korg M3. Is a great feel and Great keybed. The PA600 was the Worst keybed period.
To me the PA900 Is just Acceptable. Keybed wise.
The Montage 7 Key-bed feel wise. Is just a dream to play. But the Wacky Key spacing is hard to get used to.(Compared to korg. Missing about 1" per 5 octaves.)
Keybeds are a concern now. Because Companies Cut corners with keybeds.
Lika
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
I have a new , friend of mine ( from turkey ) told me that pa1000 has keybed with springs Smile , pa700 not (pa600) Sad .... Hope this is true !!!
Can't understand why don't tell us which keybed have pa700/1000 .... Is it secrete ?
Smile
Make Music !!!
keyofZ

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please Have Your friend. Compare his Pa1000 to a Pa600/900.
How it feels. Is it better. Than the pa900?
This is what this OP was For in the first place.
As far as Korg/Roland/Yamaha. Except for their Flagship models. They are all Cutting Corners on Key-Beds. So It is no Wonder. They Do not want to tell You.

If the PA700 Does not have Springs. Then it is the Same piece of Crap Key-bed as The PA600. So I would Guess. The PA1000 Key-bed. Is the same As the PA900. Barely Acceptable. For $2000. You expect Quality.
adimatis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, just to add some perspective here:

I while ago I was very kean on finding out how the keybed was, for a particular keyboard. And I asked a ton of questions in all forum, and all said it was crap. So, when I finally got to test it myself, I was already convinced it a lost of time.

And yet, it felt just fine to me, really did.

The oposite is also very valid.

The moral here - stop trying to figure out how it feels. You can only judge that once you touch and play yourself. Anything before that it's irelevant.

Really it is.

Smile

Peace out!
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely right, adimatis. Many of us here have had various keyboards over the years and I'd bet most of us have adapted to each one. Every new board feels a bit different at first, naturally enough, but within a few days it usually works itself out.
keyofZ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Giner
You have a PA3X
A pretty great keybed.
Now the PA600 . Has a Cheap almost casio keybed. Unworthy of a Keyboard player. The Pa900 Has springs. Making it Just acceptable as a keybed.
I have a montage 7 as well as a PA900. I would always rather. Play the Montage. Since if Has a Fabulous Keybed.
This Whole Thing is About Whether The PA1000 Has the Same Keybed as the PA900
Not whether We can adapt. I could not adapt to the PA600. It was below my Lowest standards. The Pa700 Seems to have The same keybed. So It goes That The PA1000 Is probably the same as the PA900.
This will be my last post here. As You are the one Who Got this subject. So off Subject.
Giner
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile I take your point there, keyofZ. And yes the topic is re. one keyfeel versus the other, but my point still stands. It's an addendum of sorts.

I've had to adapt to many things, no doubt you have, too. I guess you don't remember the days when you turned up at a gig and had to work with whatever piano happened to be there.Smile

You don't have to take your ball and go home, y'know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: