Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Style mode LED turned off permanently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500
View previous topic :: View next topic  
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Style mode LED turned off permanently Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
today I loaded some oriental SET into my PA2X-Pro device. It was running perfectly until I noticed a steady note playing in one of its containing styles. I decided to do a factory reset and load the SET again but after I did so, any of the styles are working anymore. Even the factory loaded styles.

What I noticed is that Style mode LED can't turn on anymore. The LED indicator for style banks 11/20 suffers the same problem. I am pretty sure that these LEDs are not burned. This has something to do with the problematic SET that I had loaded at first I guess.

I have even formatted my device using "Pa2X_Format.pkg" and then loaded the "Pa2X_os_res_v201.pkg" immediately afterwards, but still the LED problems are there and the factory styles do not work now and when I try to load some oriental styles via the USB or hard disk, they suffer from the same problem although the display shows me the style is running but I can't hear anything from drums, percussion, and automatic accompaniment. The upper right hand sounds are OK and I can play normally though. Interesting is that, when I stop the style, I can hear lower (left hand) chords when I play something.
I fell like I have lost my instrument now. I appreciate any help.

Kind Regards,
Manu
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tested the song-play mode to check if I can get any sound out of it but it does not function either.

I checked all my audio output settings to make sure if they all get routed to Left+Right and everything, including drum kit output is set so.
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a video of how do I do the factory reset and it doesn't help at all:

https://youtu.be/cHPqgNI3hUo
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

after replacing the burned LEDs, the device functions normally again. Under the youtube link above I have explained more.

BR
Manu
Ritchie_Blackmore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello manouchehrmail! I just wanna ask you from where you purchase Blue LEDS for PA2x Pro! Mine were from Germany and i have 4 more, as you have read my posts I had 2 burned! Regards Nick Smile
simondrake

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had To replace my blue LEDs twice since I owned my pa2x. First time through the official korg assistance, free of charge, but I had to stay 1 month without my keyboard. The second time, guarantee expired and old keyboard, I asked my cousin who is an electronic technician. He suggested me to change all the blue LEDs with red ones which are supposed to be much more resistant. I did it and since then it works perfectly. Please consider this option in case of future malfunctions. Simone.
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ritchie_Blackmore,

The red ones that I have already replaced, I found in the company that I am working. I am an electronic engineer and we have lots of different components but I was lucky to find some because we have mostly SMD components and for this Keyboard I needed the very old 3mm LEDs.

The blue ones for which I am still waiting, I have ordered from ebay, below link and then select 3mm Blue LEDs.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/390562041258

I am not sure if they are appropriate ones because some LEDs have a bigger flat circle at the buttom. When you open the keyboard, you notice that the LEDs are surrounded by a black housing so that their light does not go through everywhere but towards top. This black housing has to cover the whole LED fully. This is what I noticed after I ordered the LEDs. Let's see if they match. If not, I have to look for new ones or as "simondrake" maybe I consider RED or even white ones.
Somebody has done a great job with white onse. You can check it out here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRZCz70U0kg&lc=z223wdrqtpqsztrnlacdp43b3fsbntxn0m0aqsut5sdw03c010c.1507405187360045

BR Manu
manouchehrmail

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello simondrake,

Thnaks to share your experience with us.
I got my blue LEDs today and I just replaced them. They are ordinary 3 mm LEDs and I had no problem to fit the black housing around it.

Moreover, I eventually noticed what was the reason of audio problems. If you are interested to know, please read the explanation underneath my own video.

BR
Manu
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa2XPro - Pa800 - Pa500 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: