Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Assign volume in combi with pedal.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robban58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Assign volume in combi with pedal. Reply with quote

Thinking of bying ŕ Kronos but there is one thing i cant be clear of.
Is it possible to adjust volume separetly to the different programs in a Combi using a volumepedal?
If i have a Combi built from 4 programs and i want all 4 change volume all individualy when pedal go from 0 to max, is that possible? Maybe i want one program to go up i volume and another to go down, maybe i have a combi built on a piano a pad and a organ and i want to have the piano at same level but be able to morph between the organ and the pad.
My Nord Stage allows me to morph volume on every soundengine individually and simultanious with one pedal so i feel that Korgs flagship must be able to do the same?
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are a number of ways to use a foot pedal to control individually the positive or negative volume of each program within a combi.

One way is to assign a dynamic compressor to a program (or group of programs). You can then modify the compressor's output ("volume") positively or negatively via the foot pedal. For example, in a combi you could group strings and pads into one Dyn Comp to increase volume with foot pedal down, while simultaneously lowering the volume on acoustic and EPs grouped into another Dyn Comp's output.

Then you have the Vector Joystick, which by default already controls program volume. You can have the VJS controlled by any CC#, say #16 Ribbon, and in Global Mode then assign either foot pedal to control the ribbon, or directly change the VJS X and Y to be controlled by CC #16.

Indeed, because a good number of a program or insert FX's parameters are able to be modulated by a multitude of controllers, the Kronos can easily emulate or outdo the Montage's "super knob" which morphs between parameters directly or via foot pedal. HTH
Robban58

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for really good answer! I guess it never will be as easy
to set up these things as it is on a Nord Stage, but now i know
that it at least is possible.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome!

And by a nice coincidence, someone linked this in another thread regarding the foot pedal. It has a picture of where you assign what I was talking about regarding the Vector Joystick and Foot Pedal assign:

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/assigning-switches-and-pedals-on-a-korg-kronosx/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: