Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MKXL MIDI IN and M-audio Keystation MIDI OUT HELP

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg
View previous topic :: View next topic  
erickbizzle

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: MKXL MIDI IN and M-audio Keystation MIDI OUT HELP Reply with quote

So I am trying to control my korg with an external midi, got everything connected but it just does not work. I am using the M Audio keystation as MIDI OUT, the manual explains how to change midi channels within the keystation but i am still not getting anywhere. I tried switching the clock for the korg, switched from usb to midi mode, tried different channels, turned loacality off, nothing. I am trying to do this without a PC so its just hardware to hardware. Any Ideas? Not sure if a setting within the keystation is causing the failure but its hard to tell because you cant see the settings you are changing. Unfortunately I dont have another MIDI controller to test things out
slug

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If i presume your MKXL was new and had never been changed, it is probably still on default MIDI channel 1 receive. Therefore is should be as simple as telling your MIDI keyboard to send that channel with the cable connected as you have described, or send to all channels for the most basic operation check.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg MS2000 & microKorg All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: