Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

M 50 Issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arc1953

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:58 pm    Post subject: M 50 Issues Reply with quote

Hello all,
I have played this M 50 for seven years. It just did it's 80th gig. It has been all the keyboard I could ever want. Lately, it has did a couple of weird tricks. Last night I was playing it using the analog strings patch, and I could hear that it had a lower voice mixed in with the rest of the sound. It didn't sound like it normally did. I got out of that patch and back in and it sounded normal after that. One night 4 gigs ago, we were playing an outdoor gig, and it played one song out of key. The dew was especially heavy that night. That's the thing I hate most playing outdoor gigs. I am starting to worry about stability issues with this keyboard. I have started to think about getting a new keyboard, but I don't know what I would be happy with, after playing the M 50 for so long. I see that the Korg Krome is in the same price range, but I know very little about it. If I wasn't worried about the stability of this keyboard I wouldn't even think about it. I would like to know your thoughts about this.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Krome is essentially the successor to the M50, in terms of where it sits in the product range. Although the M50 is a good board to have, many of the sounds in the Krome are, on the whole, better quality, especially grand pianos, largely down to larger sample sizes. The Krome's OS is kept on an SD card, and, like other NAND flash memory devices (USB thumb drives, SSDs), can suffer from corruption after a certain number of write cycles, usually after several years use, so need replacing every so often. This is easy enough to do.

The M50 shares many features in its architechture with the M3, and this is worth considering as an alternative.

The Krome has the benefit of being a current Korg product so getting hold of spares/repairs should generally be easier.

arc1953

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: M 50 Issues Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply,
I really like the M50, it does so much more than I know how to do with it, and it has always been a easy-gigging keyboard. I have decided that if it will hold on a little longer, I am going to buy another keyboard to use, while I send it off to a repair shop. It would be nice to have a spare. I an thinking that the spare I will buy might be a Korg Kross2 or a Roland JunoDS61. I'm still thinking about that. Either one should be ok, but I'm leaning towards the Kross2. My keyboard rig has the M50 and a Yamaha PSR E-413. Some songs require 2 different patches, and the Yamaha fills in the gap. I like the M50, it is worthy of getting fixed.
johndee

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject: Re: M 50 Issues Reply with quote

Hi ,

It would be be a great help if you can help with one of the concern I am having with my m50
is it really possible to import a User Drum kit I have created in global to Sequence mode as like the other kits in Program Bank A,B,C,D,E , I am able to create a drum kit with my custom selection of drums but not able to import it in sequence,
Many Thanks ! Sad
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has the custom drum kit been saved as a Program, and a "Write Drum Kits" done?

Can the Program with the custom drum kit be recalled and played?

dimitra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: M 50 Issues Reply with quote

johndee wrote:
Hi ,

is it really possible to import a User Drum kit I have created in global to Sequence mode as like the other kits in Program Bank A,B,C,D,E , Sad

Yes, completely possible, and I have done it many times. The edited drum kit has to be written as a program in bank-E though. Choose an empty spot or the one of the programs that you are least likely to use. If you really dont want to lose any programs, just backup everything on to the Sd card.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M50 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: