Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Controlling AKAI MPC Live/MPCX with Korg PA4x
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mstodola

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mainstage3 is another program professionals are liking because of it's ease of use and programing. It is also not expensive. Computers are faster and have more memory and storage than hardware. If you don't like the Pa4x then using a computer is a great option that many are using. I personally like to keep it simple and have fun. But if I wanted to create a production, I would go the computer route and not get into too much hardware, it's just gets too expensive and complicated.

Just my thoughts. I know it didn't answer any original questions, but like others I think you need to rethink what you want to accomplish. There are better and much cheaper ways to accomplish the triggering of samples. One would be to have a multipad(s) connected to a computer though USB and trigger the samples in ableton or mainstage and through those programs also trigger the Pa4x when desired.

As an arranger the Pa4x was designed to be a standalone device that produces and plays back styles that are used to create a music minus one or two event. You can use it otherwise, but you will probably find limitations. Ableton and MainStage are designed for doing just what you are trying to accomplish.
Bill1983

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:08 am    Post subject: Re: Controlling AKAI MPC Live/MPCX with Korg PA4x Reply with quote

armaan wrote:
Planning to purchase either the MPCX or LIVE for more sampling capability.

On page 904 of the KORG PA4x manual the PC messages are clearly defined: Intro 1 = PC80, Intro 2 = PC81. I intend to chop loops on the MPC, assign each loop to Pads 1 - 16 of the MPCX or LIVE and use Korg to turn on/off the pads on the MPC. For example: Press intro 1 on KORG PA4x to turn Pad 1 ON on MPC, Press Intro 2 on KORG and turn off pad 1 and turn ON pad 2 on the MPC

Here's what I think I know so far:
1. Connect Midi wire to Korg pa4x MIDI out to MPC MIDI IN.
2. On KORG PA4x, go to GLOBAL menu, MIDI settings, assign 'CONTROL' on channel 16 MIDI OUT/ Set channel 16 MIDI IN of the MPC - to receive 'control message'

First of all is this possible? If yes, how? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Just a recommendation but you may want to consider a Medium Grade Laptop (i5 w/512 g/byte SSD), a USB Audio Interface, and NI Komplete 11 plus a DAW and keep $500 dollars or more in your pocket.

The reason I say this is because I'm doing the same thing in conjunction with my PA4x and it's both amazing and upgrade-able, forever. Just as an example, the PA4x Electric Guitars are "OK" until you compare them to something like Vir2's Electri6ity Guitars. Same thing is true of Pianos and any other complex samples. Instrument quality is just the beginning, I'm running Sonar Platinum as my DAW and between the Effects that it comes with, plus the Effects of Guitar Rig included in Komplete 11, you'll pretty much own the audio world. You'll never get this type of plug & play realism from the Akai unless you want to spend years sampling & mixing in a studio with Studio Musicians.

My Son-in-Law is a decent guitarist with some very high end guitars. When he came over the first time with his Strat his question was "What the hell do you need me for? You're already doing everything I can do and doing it better!"

Just a thought.
PA4x, PA500, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 MK2, Sonar Platinum, Ableton Live 10 Standard, NI Komplete12 Ultimate, EWQL Libraries, Nektar Impact LX88, Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 Gen2, Studiologic MP-117 Pedalboard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: