Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Korg Kronos Felt replacement(4 month wait)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fabeandles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, when the repair guys say they are having problems getting parts and solutions you know there is a root problem in their service. I guess the good thing is that I've been learning midi for the past 2 years and wont be too overwhelmed going all midi for now on. In my mind I wanted a great stand alone keyboard AND midi but now i'm sinking all my money on all midi. ..
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DeltaJockey wrote:
Quote:
I have to say, I am not opposed to getting a 2nd Kronos 88, really as insurance

I agree Greg,

that's the main reason why I have 2 Kronos. At times I feel the capitalistic twinge about how that must look to folk who can't even afford one, but as you say, there's really no replacement and it's a very important part of my life.

I have found some joy in using Kontakt vst based instruments played with my Casio PX5S, but they provide more of a compliment than a replacement. It's the overall sum of the value added package of the Kronos which makes it unique.

I am not completely enthusiastic to say ' get a 2nd Kronos', because it hard to do for most. But I am 100% reliant on Kronos , at this time.

I am planning to work in MS/Omnisphere instruments , likely using Cubase, later this year. I see you use Logic. As a MBP owner, I suppose I need to seriously look at Logic, too.
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not wanting to digress from the op's topic too much....

I used a few DAW's over the years, and in the past used and watched Reaper become a serious app more recently.
When it comes down to it though, most DAWs have broadly similar functionality modes of operation, and I moved to Logic not long after I got my first Mac, as the value for money was good, the interface was pleasing to my eyes, it's integration with the OS left one less thing to worry about and though not unique, I liked the fact that you only buy it and all it's updates once and can install on all the Macs, present and future.
fabeandles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I’m loving MainStage3

DeltaJockey wrote:
not wanting to digress from the op's topic too much....

I used a few DAW's over the years, and in the past used and watched Reaper become a serious app more recently.
When it comes down to it though, most DAWs have broadly similar functionality modes of operation, and I moved to Logic not long after I got my first Mac, as the value for money was good, the interface was pleasing to my eyes, it's integration with the OS left one less thing to worry about and though not unique, I liked the fact that you only buy it and all it's updates once and can install on all the Macs, present and future.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: