Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Karma MIDI Output Includes Duplicate Notes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dysamoria

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:45 am    Post subject: Karma MIDI Output Includes Duplicate Notes Reply with quote

i'm trying to use my Korg M3m as a MIDI generator for DAW plugin synths. i'm finding this to be very frustrating because, while i can output the Karma MIDI, the notes received are duplicated x3, with subtle timing offsets. i literally can drag and drop numerous duplicate notes off of each other in the Logic piano roll. Since they're subtly offset, i cannot use the Logic "Delete Duplicate Notes" function to quickly remove them.

Example:
Program mode, INT-A, 011: Nylon Guitar 2
(yes, i've checked this on other patches and find the same results)

Recording notes played on keys is normal; no duplicates. Turning on Karma, however, results in duplicate notes.

The M3m is sending MIDI to Logic, but it cannot receive MIDI from Logic, so this eliminates feedback loops (and it LOOKS like a feedback loop of some kind, but there shouldn't be one).

Anyone have any idea what the cause of these duplicated notes could be?
dysamoria

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In case someone comes looking for solutions to similar issues... i figured out that the problem was that the M3m was receiving MIDI messages from itself via the USB connection (through Logic), despite this not being the port i had my Logic Environment configured to use for the M3m. i still don't understand what was going on, but i resolved it by disconnecting the USB and sticking with the MIDI ports.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg M3 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: