Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to Load individual samples and programs from sound pack?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lluvaas

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:53 am    Post subject: How to Load individual samples and programs from sound pack? Reply with quote

I just purchased Ambius on the Korg site. I don't have much room for many new sounds, but I downloaded the pack onto an external drive and made a new directory to put this in on my kronos. I don't know what to do from here and I've been trying to figure this out. I made a folder: Soungs and another inside called: 3rd Party in which I put the new sound pack. When I open that I have the .exs file and the .tar.gz file, but all I can do is LOAD, not OPEN. I don't want to load all of the programs, etc., just some. I also wanted to preview the sounds in Disk Mode, but that isn't available I think because I need to register the pack before I actually have it? not sure, but I just loaded a pack that was no problem in that I was able to listen and import the sounds I wanted from Disk mode. Sorry to be so long winded, but I've been researching how to do this and I can't find the answer. Hope someone here can help.
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before playing you must go through Install procedure :

1°) Copy your downloaded files on an USB stick on your computer.
2°) plug USB stick on your Kronos.
3°) highlight the file which ends with "EXSINS" and only this one.
4°) Press "Install"

Only after doing that you will see .PSG, .KSC. files and so on.
As it is a purchased version and not a demo one, you will have to enter your code number for that sound bank, on Global Mode.

Hope it's clear enough.
lluvaas

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:51 pm    Post subject: Installing Issue Reply Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks for this! So, you're saying that the files won't be installed when I click on install, but rather there for me to register my key and then preview in Disk Mode?

As mentioned before, my biggest concern is erasing existing sounds even tho' I've backed them up and did a Save All. Since I did this early on: erased some of my new sounds by putting others in their Banks, I don't ever want to do this again, so I do need a firm grasp of the procedure.

If you could just tell me that what I'm saying in the 1st paragraph above is okay to do I will go ahead and do it!

I did write to Korg support and call them, but the wait time is long.

Thanks so much again! Lucinda
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

My first answer was about you said :
Quote:
When I open that I have the .exs file and the .tar.gz file, but all I can do is LOAD, not OPEN

Now, I'm trying to answer to your second message :

Quote:
So, you're saying that the files won't be installed when I click on install, but rather there for me to register my key and then preview in Disk Mode

In DEMO mode, you can do whatever you want. The only difference is you will hear cyclic and complete fade out/fade in. So, in order to use your purchased sound bank, you must register. That's one point.

Once you've done that, you will able to build your Kronos bank exactly as you want. From Disk mode, You can select programs one by one : just select the .PCG file you're interesting in, press OPEN. Then, go on pressing OPEN several times until you find programs you want to load. Load them to the place you want. That way, you won't erase the programs you want to keep.

I hope I am clear.

Here is a good tuto about how to proceed : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHJA50QfBr4&t=82s
lluvaas

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Loading Sound Banks Issue Reply with quote

Thank you so very much!

This is exactly what I needed to know: that hitting INSTALL doesn't mean that the Sound Banks are actually installed until I make the choices you mention here.

Thank you so much! Now I can install and put the sounds wherever I choose.

Very Happy

Best to you!!!

Lucinda
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pleased it has helped you Very Happy
lluvaas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Loading Sound Banks Issue Reply with quote

Yes, it has. I've been working on it all night and day and finally think I've got what I need.

I am wondering if I can make new Directories for some of the Sounds and have them available too? I think I can do that from what I've been reading.

One issue of course is that there are too many audio samples for the Kronos X and I can't upgrade the gigs, so I have to load the samples as I go for a number of the Sounds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: