Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mic Volume/Changes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stephenm52

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Mic Volume/Changes Reply with quote

For the last week or so haven’t been doing any vocals because of a sore throat and bad cough. Because of that I’ve been playing all instrumental tunes and have been diving in to customize a couple of styles for my use.

Fast forward to this morning when I wanted to do some vocals, there was no sound coming out of the mic at all. I checked my wire connections and they were OK. I then hit the reverb/doubler button and did get some volume but it seemed only half what I normally have. I then went to the mic gain control on back of the PA4x, I did get more volume but it was distorted so I lowered it back down. Seems that with some Songbook entries the mic volume is at a good level, but overall it now seems to lack a nice sound, best I can describe it, it sounds very thin. Anyone ever experience this? Would anyone be willing to share your mic settings?
Ron

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen - I might have experienced a similar problem. I was changing the sounds in a style ... bouncing around between style and sound mode. trying different keyboard sets, etc. When I finally turned on the mic there was nothing. Like you, I tried a few things but then I had to quit and have not been back to it since. I'm assuming I accidently screwed up a setting and that all will be well when I turn the keyboard on again. I'll have a chance again later today or tomorrow and will keep you posted.

PS - I sure miss the display lock button when working on setups. A wishlist item: Add DISPLAY LOCK as an assignable button option.
stephenm52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I’m hoping that one the the PA4x gurus weigh in on this topic!! I know there are some very knowledgeable users that visit the site, hopefully someone can shed more light on this problem. Another friend of mine a PA4x user has had a similar issue too. Question
stephenm52

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came up with a solution and it was pretty simple. I had a back up from about 6 weeks ago that had all the global settings stored. All I did was restored the global settings from my back up and all is working with the mic as it should.
Ron

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stephen,

Glad you are up and running again. I finally had a bit of time earlier today and when I turned on my keyboard the mic was still no good. Found "LEAD" level was off in Global Mic settings. Fairly certain I did not do it ... certainly not on purpose. Anyway, reset it and all seems well for now. I wanted to check some Global saves (backups) but I am short of time now and will be for the next few days.

I will post again if I find other issues or if the problem happens again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: