Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Does the PA1000 recommend song titles for its styles?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
temp_korg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:30 pm    Post subject: Does the PA1000 recommend song titles for its styles? Reply with quote

I'm now looking at the PA1000 as my first real keyboard. I've been on a late 90's Technics home organ for a while, but I'm still a very ignorant beginner with keyboard music. EZ Play books, one-finger melodies, etc.

One problem I have with the Technics organ is that it does have some very good accompaniments ... and I know some of the accompaniments are lifted directly from certain hit songs. A few of the accompaniments in the Technics are exact note-for-note from the original records they were taken from. So if you know the title of the song that an accompaniment was taken from, you have a perfect match and can really impress people if you learn to play that specific song with that specific accompaniment style.

But the Technics organ has no such "song title recommendation" feature. If there is a killer tango or country style, it's up to you to find the "perfect" song to play over it. And half the time, I don't know anything about popular songs in some of these genres.

Sometimes, the name of the style is a give-away ... like "Karen's Country" obviously points to The Carpenter's "Top of the World" ... but easy ones like that are very few. Usually the style names are vague.

I believe Roland has a feature where their keyboard will recommend song titles that go with certain styles, but Roland is not an option for me for various reasons.

If I were to buy a PA1000 and it has 430 styles, is there some resource, either in the keyboard or somewhere else, that will recommend a song title (or two or three songs) for each style?
NativeAngels
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Re Pa1000 Reply with quote

If its anything like the pa700 there is a feature called songbook which will set you up with sugested songs for a particular style.
temp_korg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Re Pa1000 Reply with quote

NativeAngels wrote:
If its anything like the pa700 there is a feature called songbook which will set you up with sugested songs for a particular style.

Thanks for the reply, NativeAngels. I assume you have the PA700?

I watched the video tutorials, ten volumes, today on the PA1000 and I saw the segment on the songbook. From what I could tell, all the songs are in alphabetical order and you choose a song ... and it then tells you what styles are appropriate.

I'm looking to do it the other way around. If I hear a style I'm not familiar with, like cha-cha or something less popular, I'd like to have a song it recommends.

Does it do it from that direction, too? If I had a PA1000 in front of me, I'm sure I could noodle around with the songbook and see if it will sort according to style, rather than song title ... but the video didn't make that clear.

Can you clarify?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: