Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WISH-LIST for future OS updates OS 2.2+ (reference only)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
striphio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to have option to add different colors to keyboard sets and styles, like on kronos with setlist, so we can assign some genres of sounds to a specific color and we can easy spot them on screen.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think folks should give up on any further enhancement OS updates...mebbe a bugfix one??

When Korg start having these long breaks on any thing updating wise it usually means there are no more coming and they are actually working on the OS for the new hardware. Been that way since PA1x. One or two enhancement upgrades and that's about it.
bobeld@aol.com

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 5:28 pm    Post subject: Score - transpose Reply with quote

When playing a midi file and transposing the song, the score (unfortunately) remains in the original key and does not transpose. It would be nice if the score would reflect the transposition when the song is transposed. If I am trying to play melody over a transposed midi file, I would like to read the score with the notes that match the transposition. This feature already exists in the Yamaha Tyros 5.
Bernie9

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a former thread on how to transpose the score to match the key. Essentially, you change the key in song edit, then go to menu/Event Edit, scroll to all tracks and you will see the former key(DON'T CHOSE INSERT) Simply replace the old with the new key. Hit Exit and save the file as usual.
Hammond SK1
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 1:57 am    Post subject: Bass chord hold (like Yamaha!!! - (sorry)) Reply with quote

THIS:-

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114848

Very Happy

Bass chord hold (like Yamaha!!! - (sorry))
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by karmathanever on Sun May 20, 2018 9:59 am; edited 2 times in total
bobeld@aol.com

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bernie9 and thank you for your advice.

However, I am not interested in changing the key through the song edit. Maybe i did not explain what I want the Pa4x to do.

I want be able to choose a midi file (I have thousands on an SD card) and on the fly (as the midi is selected and playing) transpose the key and have that transposition displayed on the score. For example some midis are in a single key but if I would like to modulate a half step or full step, I want the score to reflect the new key. What happens now is that the song that is playing does transpose up or down when I press the transpose key, but the score remains in the original key. I may have raised a song in the key of E to the key of F, but the score still displays the notes in the key of E even as the Pa4x is playing it in F.

I could be singing a midi song transposed down a whole note from the original for me. At another time a female vocalist may be singing the same midi song a fourth up from the original. I want the score to reflect that "on the fly". Song editing will not accomplish that. Yamaha manages to accomplish this. The score is displayed in the key written or if transposed, in the transposed key. The score page refreshes and displays the new key you have transposed it to, when you press the transpose button - this happens as the midi is playing. Now if I want to solo using a sax or other lead instrument I would be reading the melody in the transposed key.
Bernie9

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, as far as i know, you would have to use the event editor and pre-plan the key change in order for the score to read correctly.
Hammond SK1
bobeld@aol.com

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject: Transposing score on the fly on midi playback Reply with quote

Thanks anyway for your help Bernie9.

I would like to see this feature in a future OS release.
miden
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it gets added you'd need to wait for a PAx5 Wink

Same as everything else on this wish-list. It really is a waste of time and space Rolling Eyes
bobeld@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Wish List Reply with quote

Re: waiting until they release a Pa5x for my wish list to come true:

I was a Korg player way back to my 01W in 1991. I then got into arranger keyboards and owned an i3 about 1994 and an i30 which I got about 5 years later. In the early 2000's I bought my first Yamaha (PSR 6000)and used it in tandem with the i30. It was inexpensive and sounded pretty lame except it had a pretty good sax sound for the time. But it was hard to transport two keyboards to gigs.

I then moved to Yamaha's pro line and to the Tyros 1 (61 keys) and then sold it and bought a Tyros 2 (also 61 keys). In 2013, I bought a Tyros 5 (76). It came with a hard shell case which was unwieldy to transport. I decided to buy the Korg Pa4x (61 keys) because I could use mp3 files and it could read CDG files which gave me 3 performance options: Styles, midi and kar songs, and CDG karaoke. It's smaller size was also an advantage.
It also gave me two players which I allowed me to smoothly move between songs when customers were dancing.

I gained a touch screen and the smaller size made it easier to transport. I lost the transpose score feature and the ability to play a style over a midi song (on the Tyros series you could sync a style to a midi song and play them simultaneously - good for enhancing the rhythm section
or adding punchy horns from a style to enhance a midi song, etc.)

The sounds on the Tyros were as expressive as the Korg's and in some cases (e.g the solo strings or scat voices are in my opinion), superior to the Korg's. In addition to "on the fly" score transposition, the Yamaha is not limited to a single score view - you have 4 or so display modes so that you can see many lines of the score in small font size or fewer lines of the score in larger font size. The screen resolution on the Tryos 5 seems sharper than the Pa4x.

At some point, I might sell my Tyros 5 and replace it with a Genos 76 which is even lighter than the Korg Pa4x due to its use of plastics vs metal. 28lb vs. 30lbs. Of course it would add 12.5" to the width, but I would be getting 76 keys. I am an older performer - at 68 yrs old this might be my last keyboard (but I said the same about the Pa4x). I am lucky to still be working every weekend.

I would keep the Pa4x for use in my studio. But I am disappointed that Korg allowed Yamaha to leapfrog over it in some instances. I loved my i3 and i30 - they were great keyboards in their time. I bought the Pa4x expecting 20 years to make a huge difference - in some cases, it did; in others, not so much.
BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wish List Reply with quote

bobeld@aol.com wrote:
...I loved my i3 and i30 - they were great keyboards in their time. I bought the Pa4x expecting 20 years to make a huge difference - in some cases, it did; in others, not so much.

Agreed.
Stilli

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bass chord hold (like Yamaha!!! - (sorry)) Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:
THIS:-

http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=114848

Very Happy

Bass chord hold (like Yamaha!!! - (sorry))

+1 A very useful feature.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
DonM
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject: Effects assignable slider Reply with quote

Besides my PA4X, I also have a Yamaha PSR S970.
It has only two programmable knobs, but quite an assortment of functions can be assigned to them.
One I love is "Voice 1&2 Reverb Level". Delay level is also an option but I don't personally care about that as much.
I know each voice can be edited and saved, but this would allow us to merely increase or decrease the reverb level on the lead voice or voices by moving the assigned slider. I find it very useful on the Yammy.
If I'm not overlooking it, this is not an option right now.
dimitris
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Now with Pa4X OS 2.2 we desperate want at least one more user sound bank because there is no room for new sounds!!!
Please KORG add more user sound banks!!!

Regards,
Dimitris
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What i (and i believe a lot of really advanced sound designers) would like to have is a scripting language to be able to do custom things with the sound controllers and playing style kinda like how kontakt works.
As far as i have seen LUA is already in there and i suspect the scripting to be already present but disabled so i believe its not a difficult thing to add...
I know the hardware is capable of doing that and many more so it is just if korg decides to add/enable or not!
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: