Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Voice Name Lists : Drumkits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject: Voice Name Lists : Drumkits Reply with quote

Hello,

Just have a look into Voice Name List. In Drumkits chapter, there's a column in the chart, named "Ex". It contains either "Off" or a digit.
I'm sure it's evident but I can't figure out what it relates to.
Do you have any idea ?

Thanks a lot.
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voice Name List
INT02: Hard House Kit
Thats the voice name list i studied to try to crack the code.

Confusing with EX library stuck in my head while the actual voices/drum samples have ROM designation rather than EX library. Also if it were EX library, the numbers assigned do not match the library-number content for anything suiting a drum kit.

I noticed the Ex number column of voice name list is right next to the FX bus column and it all seems to be listing like Drumkit "Sample setup" and "Voice/Mixer" settings.
"Zone" column looks like the sample layer setup or velocity zone/layer setup. zone 1-4.

In the GLobal drumkit page for "Voice/Mixer" you will see "Exclusive group" settings in a screen section called "Voice assign mode". Right next to that screen section is another one called "Mixer" where FX and bus are assigned or off.
So... In the voice name list, you habe FX setting column right next to the mystery Ex column. So it must be Ex as in "Exclusive group" which is set right next to FX settings in global drum kit "Voice/Mixer" page.
So... Looking at what Exclusive group does, it has number ranges 1-127 and also a setting for off.

I looked at~~~~~~~~
"Voice Name List
INT:01: House Kit
&
INT02: Hard House Kit"
~~~~~~~~
I saw all the voice name list Ex columns that had numbers assigned all the way up to 17. I first noticed that every one with numbers assigned -corresponded with drumsamples for various Hi-hats. Lots of Hi-hats in the drum kit and some are Hi-hat-dance and others Hi-hat-basic.. Some basic were ff or fp or mf or mp and that was among closed or open Hi-hats. So Hihats are grouped and the types of hi-hats are given exclusive groups.
Some shakers and triangles are also given Ex numbers. All other samples are set to "Off" in the Ex column.

One clear pattern is that numbers were assigned to "Groups" of similar samples. All hi-hats got grouped by numbers and the different kinds of hi-hats had different number groups. The shaker samples share a number group and the triangles share the same number groups. There are a pair of Gt-cut noise samples put to a group in INT02-drumkit.

So if that isn't what "Exclusive grouping" looks like, then i do not know what does. Seems rather obvious after digging through all drum kit parameters.

Another area where a mystery EX designation popped up, was in CX-3. There is a Percussion setup page that assigns virtual sliders in addition to the 9 physical sliders. I think 5 extra onscreen sliders that deal with the percussion aspects of the organ sound. Not quite a drum kit or drum track kind of percussion suit. Something else and EX is the term used there in a way that seems NOT to imply "EX library" or "Exclusive groups" I think page 236 or 238 of parameter guide will show the details in case i represent the details incorrectly here. I hope at least i got the page number correct or close enough.

I hope this is right because it had me stumped in a way that has me hoping it is all over with. Shocked
Will be finding out soon. Very Happy
Liviou2004
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, I suppose you're right. I don't see any other way. Exclusive group has to be the right response.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: