Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

PA700 Bugs List

View previous topic :: View next topic  
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:39 pm    Post subject: PA700 Bugs List Reply with quote

I played today a bit with the pa700 at the shop and i found 1 bug and 1 missing feature/bug.
To start with i have to say that this pa700 has os v 1.0.0 .
The bugs are the following:
1)When you plug in a usb stick with more than 1 partition (tried with 2) , both partitions are mounted as the same one (showing the files from 1 partition only) even if the mount names are correct.Tried with a pa900 next to it and it works perfect there.
2)Pa600 and pa900 had a shortcut to trigger a fill without changing the variation by pressing autofill+var-1-4 (to do the fill1-4) together.This doesn't work with the pa700.When you press autofill (even if you keep it pressed) it just changes state and thats it.Pressing the var1-4 together just changes to the specific variation pressed with or without fill depending on if autofill was on or off before the key press..!
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) is exactly what I would expect - doubt if it is really a bug - multi partitioned media is unlikely to be supported on the keyboard.
2) if this is in the manual (haven't checked) and not on the keyboard then it is a bug.

Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

karmathanever wrote:

2) if this is in the manual (haven't checked) and not on the keyboard then it is a bug.

Very Happy

In Pa600 manual is nothing about, but is very handy feature since Pa600 has no dedicated buttons for fills.
More likely is not in Pa700 manual, not sure (didn't check).
If Korg accidentally strip this from Pa700, that's will be huge disadvantage. Crying or Very sad
Hope this is only small bug, which will be fix soon.
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again!

Don't know if the fill combi is in the manual ,but for sure it is a big thumbs down if they removed it at all!!Also thats why i said missing feature/bug hahaha!

Well the dual partition media works fine on all other arrangers!I have tried on pa800,pa600,pa900,pa3x and pa4x (not the latest version of 4x though but as it worked on 1.2.4 i don't see any reason that it ll not work on 2+)!!
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korg change the way Fills works, now you got 3 option in Mode Preference to set way fills works.
1.Current Variation
2.Target Variation
3.Smart

means, looks like is not a bug, is just different way to program fills, ... we can always use midi PC message to fire any Fill any time. Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
Korg change the way Fills works, now you got 3 option in Mode Preference to set way fills works.
1.Current Variation
2.Target Variation
3.Smart

means, looks like is not a bug, is just different way to program fills, ... we can always use midi PC message to fire any Fill any time. Wink

Nice find!
I ll have to go again and look at it in the shop to see if it is handy and to confirm it is working!
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next bug: after recording style and exit from record, improperly works
chord recognition and split sometimes. After on/off returns to normal...
musiccankill
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ANDRZEJP wrote:
Next bug: after recording style and exit from record, improperly works
chord recognition and split sometimes. After on/off returns to normal...

Can you replicate it or it is random?
If yes, can you describe how i can replicate this on any pa700?
ANDRZEJP

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

.So happens in Advanced - Chord Mode . During record style when we choose C/G chord
for example or two sounds: e-down and c-up and exit from record advanced chord mode does not work properly.
Also if you have sync start on and split on, when hit any key of upper it start slyle playing
And chord mode on upper works too- it should work only on lower (of course split point is on). I don't know maybe this is caused by sounding long effect like delay on tracks..

Next bug : can not save song in songbook replacing old name if we want use another style.

Anyway: pa700 is awesome Very Happy
Biggles
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had mine for a month now and by far the most annoying feature is the balance control between the main sounds and the accompanyment.

The degree of control in the balance is far to fine.

You can seperate the controls in Global but even then the degree of control over the Accompanying volume is limited.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg PA1000/PA700 All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: