Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sequencer Automation Features When Using Audio Tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 4:25 pm    Post subject: Sequencer Automation Features When Using Audio Tracks Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm getting well acquainted with the sequencer on Kronos. I've recording my track and now I want to throw in some effects using the side chain compression. On a midi track I was able to set my IFX channel up lets say it's FX 7 and then set the IFX Bus my sidechain effect is on to lets say it's on bus 1. So now I have FX7 linked to Bus one and I can record automation to turn Bus 1 on and off at different parts of the song to add the sidechain effect in at the parts of the song I wanted it to kick on at.

Now going to audio tracks with the same approach it doesn't work. My audio track I'm trying to sidechain and automate doesn't record any of the automation.

Actually I noticed I've been having trouble recording automation on audio tracks in general. I can't even get it to mute tracks on and off with that feature. So what gives here with recording automation with audio tracks? Is there some rule to it or some guide you can point me too? Is it not possible to automate IFX's and Bus IFX's with Audio Tracks like you can in midi?

Just look for some help and tips thanks!
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You choose overdub and automation only in the recording options window.
Then you re record in overdub (any audio track you want) any of automation you want to be recorded ( for exemple : volume, the growing level or quantity of a particular effect, pan, etc etc etc) Just take care to verify after onrpe of your overdub that the result is the one you wanted. And as many overdub automation takes you want to.
All is possible !

🌞

https://www.lairdeparis.fr

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Kronosphere!

Thanks for replying. You know what though when I do overdub and automation only. Nothing I input gets recorded on Audio Tracks. Midi it works but Audio Automation isn't recording anything????????????
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Blazerunner,
It works : I almost make these kind of recordings every day.
As an exemple :
you have an audio track on track one recorded.
Then you record again audio track one with overdub and automation only
and move the slider on any particular parameter (volume, effect quantity etc)
as the sequencer is running.
Then you stop your sequencer.
You go back to start and listen to your audio track one and you will hear
all the changes you have made on this audio track.
As simple as that. And it works. Yes it does !

🌞

Current Gear : Kronos 88 / Seaboard Rise / Triton Extreme / Sequoia / Motif Rack XS / TC Helicon voicelive rack /Awave 11 / Audio & VSTi plug-ins connected /wide touchscreen / iPad Pro 512.
Track 7

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur that it works. I've done lots of automation-only overdubs on audio tracks. I love how easy it is.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I know it works or that's how it should work I appreciate the help. That's kinda my issue though. It's not working on my Kronos for some reason. None of the automations I input are being recorded in audio tracks section. Midi it does it but in audio it's as though it's on rehearsal but it's not. I can't even find automation recorded data in the track editor. I'm just at a loss in trying to figure out what's wrong.
Track 7

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have the Kronos Parameter Guide? Starting on pages 530 and 643, you can read about automation recording and editing. If you are using Loop All, for example, you cannot record automation. There might be some setting like this that you are using that's preventing the automation from recording.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Playing with it somemore I think that Midi can record BusFX Automation changes but Audio doesn't seem to be able to record BusFX automation.
wocongming

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Track 7 wrote:
I concur that it works. I've done lots of automation-only overdubs on audio tracks. I love how easy it is.

no thats not quite right. the OVERDUB button has NOTHING to do with automation. ONLY MIDI> he needs to have AUTOMATION ONLY and INPUT ONLY both selected! when both of those are selected then you retain everything you already recorded on the track PLUS the new vol, panning, edits etc. well. there yu go.!
Track 7

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2021 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Hmm, are you sure? I will have to review. I think I have used overdub to toggle insert effects off/on/off on an audio track. For example, adding a delay at the end of a phrase and then turning it off again. Are you saying this can be done only on MIDI tracks? I know I've done at least auto fades and crossfades on audio tracks. It's been a while. I'll have to figure this out again.
blazerunner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wocongming wrote:
Track 7 wrote:

no thats not quite right. the OVERDUB button has NOTHING to do with automation. ONLY MIDI> he needs to have AUTOMATION ONLY and INPUT ONLY both selected! when both of those are selected then you retain everything you already recorded on the track PLUS the new vol, panning, edits etc. well. there yu go.!

hmm, is that the rule for Audio Track automation? "Input Only"? I'll give that a try. Thanks for the tip.
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never pay attention or used INPUT ONLY in all my automation audio overdub.

wocongming

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blazerunner wrote:
Hello Kronosphere!

Thanks for replying. You know what though when I do overdub and automation only. Nothing I input gets recorded on Audio Tracks. Midi it works but Audio Automation isn't recording anything????????????

because i beleive hes wrong. overdub is for MIDI only and has nothing to do with audio. this is the combination...
Automation only... and auto input(or whatever that title is where you just normally record. those 2 settings together will get you your automation edits you want
kronoSphere
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Learn to read !
I have never said that automation could recording audio .
I have just and only said that in the audio tracks the automation can record the movement of slider or any adjustement of level of any effects or other things.
Read read read !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: