Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Spartacus Triumvirat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnbutt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Spartacus Triumvirat Reply with quote

I was looking back through over 40 years of my musical career when I started out as a keyboard player in a small high school rock band, back in the 1970s when I was totally taken away by The Nice, ELP, Wakeman & Yes, Genesis, these were by hero's (Emerson, Wakeman, Banks) and had such an influence on me musically, in my teens, I would spend hours with headphones on listening to Tarkus, Brain Salad Surgery, Yes & Genesis due to the synthesis of organ and synth technology into this era of music. It was an epic time for me. I actually bought a Moog for my arsenal, just to look like a big shot musician, I was not a great player unfortunately but had a lot of fun playing a few licks here and there on it just to get some stares from the audiences.

I also remembered a band named Spartacus Triumvirat and I bought one of their albums in the 1970s. They were European and I wondered if this band had ever achieved success back in the 1970s. Unfortunately, some bands had a few hits, road the wave of success, and then disappear when the hit is no longer a hit. Perhaps there are some old fossils like me out there on the forum who remember this band. I would be certainly interested to hear whatever became of Spartacus Triumvirat. Cheers ! Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Joe Gerardi
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The name of the band was Triumvirat. (From Triumvirate, a government or group led by three people.) "Spartacus" was one of their albums, and the most successful.

Jurgen Fritz was the keyboard player and had chops as good as Emerson or Wakeman, but the band didn't have the writing ability the others did , so they never really hit home except for a core audience.

Their breakout album was "Illusions on a Double Dimple," and by the end, they were trying to play late 70's/early 80's style synthpop, which also went nowhere, so the band broke up.

"Spartacus" was musically very good, but in many cases, lyrically cringe-worthy. After that album, IMHO, the only exciting piece was "Panic on 5th Avenue," from the album "Old Loves Die Hard." After that, there's was nothing memorable. The various members of the band pretty much disappeared from the music scene after that.

..Joe
gnbutt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Joe, sounds like they went down the path of many bands, achieve some level of success and then fizzle out after a number of years. I think the music business is pretty tough to excel in, not unlike careers in professional sports, not too many original bands make 30+ years without their share of bumps along the way and breakups, changes in band members. A rock band (or other type of band or musical show) is a very unique beast it seems. Must be quite a life style to be a road warrior in a band touring around the globe as many do, or even as part of the stage crew. Set up, play a few hours, fold up, travel as a daily routine venue to venuie. I can imagine the touring aspect has to be hard on family life at home. Graydon
M3-73, Roland Fantom X8, Motif ES7, OMNISPHERE VST and my baby, an old Fender Rhodes 73. Hammond SK2 with Neo Mini-Vent for Organ, Korg Krome 61 with Vintage Synth collection + DSKrome, Killer Organ Package
Roland FA-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: