Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New (old) user comment on pianos...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:23 pm    Post subject: New (old) user comment on pianos... Reply with quote

They are still not all that good really. I owned a Pa1 and a PA2, as well as (briefly) a PA3 and on all of them the main AP was pretty crappy. Thought the PA4 might have been a bit better considering Korg were touting this so-called "German Grand". But no, they are still the same. haha some of them I remember being on the very first PA1x!

I suppose I can STILL hook up the laptop and run Pianoteq, but that sort of defeats the purpose of getting the PA4 in the first place....to reduce "stage clutter" and have a much easier rig setup, as well as a unit that could do most things "in the box" as it were.

I guess I'll get used to the poorer quality pianos over time, but I would have thought that Korg over the time of 4 successive models could have done better!

Anyhoo, just my thoughts. fwiw
QuiRobinez
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you upgrade to OS2.0 on the pa4x, the new italian piano in OS2.0 is absolutely fantastic!
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already done that m8 haha..The above comment ws after that. Sorry if you are a "fanboi" (ahh I see you are a dealer/merchant - well that explains why you need to say what you do Wink ) but I just call it as I see it. When you come from the world of VST instruments back to what is available on the PA4, well its a mighty step down.

As I said I'll probs get used to it as I am using the PA4 for far more than JUST the piano, and I daresay the audiences will probably not notice it.
worth
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just upgraded from the korg pa1x to the 4 x and there is no comparison in terms of the pianos . The 4x is a major improvement .
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your that disillusioned with the onboard stock Pianos we are fortunate that the Pa4x is an open system in respect of its sampling features.

We have a few choices in sample Piano libraries for the Pa4x and Anthony Sharman has a great Piano sample set drawn from the Kronos which pro players are using which is now Pa4x ported. Of course we have no way of knowing what type of piano sound you might be seeking and Pianos are such a subjective thing.

http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries/Pa4X%20Yamaha%20C7.html
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mintjamman wrote:
If your that disillusioned with the onboard stock Pianos we are fortunate that the Pa4x is an open system in respect of its sampling features.

We have a few choices in sample Piano libraries for the Pa4x and Anthony Sharman has a great Piano sample set drawn from the Kronos which pro players are using which is now Pa4x ported. Of course we have no way of knowing what type of piano sound you might be seeking and Pianos are such a subjective thing.

http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries/Pa4X%20Yamaha%20C7.html

thanks for the reply. Yes so true, but anything that is close to a Korg Kronos Piano, or Yamaha (at a pinch, especially off the montage or xf hahaha) would be a notable stepup from the PA I'd imagine.

Wow! At nearly $300 AUD it'd want to be damn good too!!!
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
already done that m8 haha..The above comment ws after that. Sorry if you are a "fanboi" (ahh I see you are a dealer/merchant - well that explains why you need to say what you do Wink ) but I just call it as I see it. When you come from the world of VST instruments back to what is available on the PA4, well its a mighty step down.

As I said I'll probs get used to it as I am using the PA4 for far more than JUST the piano, and I daresay the audiences will probably not notice it.

You should also get used to keeping your attitude in check as well! You have absolutely no idea of what the merchant status even means in this forum! Since you need a lot of help, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to treat people with respect!

BR
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:

..., it wouldn't be such a bad idea to treat people with respect!
+1
Stilli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I think that how good the Piano sounds are is only relevant to individual expectations and in what situation they are to be used.

If I wanted a piano sound that was indistinguishable from a real acoustic Grand Piano then I would buy a dedicated 'Piano' keyboard or use computer based VST's. For sounds designed to be played in an arrangement the realism isn't so important but cutting through the band definately is.

I think the Italian Piano is excellent for this, it's a little bright for my taste when played in isolation but that is easily corrected with EQ and I'm very happy with it.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
AntonySharmman
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
When you come from the world of VST instruments back to what is available
on the PA4, well its a mighty step down.

That's definitely true , I'm a VST developer so this is that I'm trying to equate in Kronos & Pa Series keyboards since whatever
are Musician's tastes , the difference is indeed huge from the "real thing" and definately not only in acoustic pianos !
http://wavesart.eu/Pa3XSoundLibraries
http://wavesart.eu/KronosEXs

By the way , it's also highly recommended to watch your attidude since "merchant" QuiRobinez is one of the most helpfull persons
in korgforum with deep knowlegde and many helpfull tutorials for end users that you don't really want to miss his support !
Some things must be told ! Wink

Keyboards : Steinway-D, Kronos X, Pa5X 76, Pa4X 76, Montage M7 , Roland-XV88, Emu3,Emax II,Synclavier II,Yamaha DX Series, ΟΒ-8V
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam CA wrote:

.......Since you need a lot of help, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to treat people with respect!

Not sure where you get that idea from? Maybe you should practice what you are trying to preach! You obviously missed the part where I wrote I have owned the PA1, PA2 and PA3 Rolling Eyes

Not too difficult to make the assumption that "Approved Merchant" tag and the fact the poster has a commercial website means they do indeed have some financial incentive to "spin" things.
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntonySharmman wrote:
.........By the way , it's also highly recommended to watch your attidude since "merchant" QuiRobinez is one of the most helpfull persons
in korgforum with deep knowlegde and many helpfull tutorials for end users that you don't really want to miss his support !
Some things must be told ! Wink

hmm, well I daresay there perhaps may be things I could show HIM, re the PA series Wink One never really knows who posters really are on these forums, ne c'est pa?
Sam CA
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pax-eterna wrote:
Sam CA wrote:

.......Since you need a lot of help, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to treat people with respect!

Not sure where you get that idea from? Maybe you should practice what you are trying to preach! You obviously missed the part where I wrote I have owned the PA1, PA2 and PA3 Rolling Eyes

Not too difficult to make the assumption that "Approved Merchant" tag and the fact the poster has a commercial website means they do indeed have some financial incentive to "spin" things.

This is a Korg forum and almost everybody owns or have owned multiple Korg products so you owning a few arranger keyboards? That's hardly a shocking news.

Again, you do not understand what the merchant status means. That means they've met the requirements for whatever it is they've developed and that makes it none of your concern. Also you don't get to choose who's going to respond on a public thread...it could be anyone. Being rude is not going to help you around here.

keith-helen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the attitude from pax-eterna very disappoining. To me as a home alone play-a- bouter I have received alot of helpful advice from the forum members.
I also, like pax-eterna, have owned many , many korg keyboards including technics, roland and yamaya however I have never been rude to anyone who offers advice.

Regards and many thanks to menbers

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
Eduardo_Arg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey PAX-ETERNA, what happend in your life that make's you so impolite.-
Or you are the son of God.-
Please be gentle with any member; here we are to help each other, to dissapoint with repect, and in the end, TO LEARN.-
With Regards.
Eduardo
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: