Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

another question before upgrade to 2.0 OS

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: another question before upgrade to 2.0 OS Reply with quote

Hi

Sorry for questions....but before I do this upgrade to 2.0. will my midi converted styles still work from Direct Tab on USB stick, and will my Song Styles I tweaked and saved to USB Direct Tab still play okay, if styles in Factory are slightly different from older OS set up.

Thank you
Ronnie
Stilli

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: another question before upgrade to 2.0 OS Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
.... will my midi converted styles still work from Direct Tab on USB stick, and will my Song Styles I tweaked and saved to USB Direct Tab still play okay....

Hi Ronnie,

Yes they will all play ok and work from the Direct Tab, the only thing you will have to do is to select the location of your Direct.SET.

This procedure is different in version 2 and is done in the Global/Mode Preferences/Media page (See the PA4X Upgrade Manual page 50). The location must be a SET folder (ie it must be a folder with the file extension .SET eg MyDirect.SET), you can create a new one or use an existing SET folder located on your USB or internal drives etc. Place your Direct Access Styles etc in this folder or alternatively once you have selected the Direct folder in the Global settings you can load Styles, sounds etc into the Direct tabs from the Media/load menu without moving them on the USB.
It's very flexible the ways you can use it.

Hope this was helpful, ask again if you are not sure.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli....Thank you for your kind explanation regarding using styles from Direct Tab on USB.
it is that I am concerned changing over to the new OS 2.0..then over to 2.0.1. .in case I make a bad error or mistake doing it.
most people on forum say it is easy to do..and that there are many good advantages on changing over to the new OS.with new better sounds quality of styles etc..
Thanks again Stilli.

Ronnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: