Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

it's sad the ESX-1 has no true successor

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rbrucemtl

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject: it's sad the ESX-1 has no true successor Reply with quote

Hi,

I owned the E2 for a few weeks and then sold it because I just could not have any fun or create anything with it. I've owned many Groove boxes and enjoyed them all expect the E2. MC-909, MC-808, MC-307, D2, MC-505, MC-303, Yamaha RS-7000. They are all sold and gone for years now but I had fun and created with them all. I moved to Maschine Studio for my music making but I started to miss the no BS, ultra low latency of the hardware rompler Grooveboxs that I'm spent so many years with but I never really found the right one until now.

I finally found an ESX-1-SD that is minty new perfect condition. This is the Groovebox I was missing. To me it's just better at being a groovebox in terms of the workflow then all the others I've used. Everything is just layed out in front of you in a very logical way, I did not even need to read the manual. It's not perfect, nothing is, but I'm just sad that Korg moved away form the super logical way of working with it to the new E2 that looks as boring as it is boring to work with. My opinion... I'm not trying to disrespect anyone who love the new E2. I'm just sad the ESX-1 has no true successor.

Please korg make an ESX-1 successor with the same groovebox workflow, more effects, better arp control, and expanded synth engine.
Spheric El
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not used the esx -1, but Octatrack 1s are cheap right now - and oh what a machine..
o.w.t.m

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Couldn't agree more! Reply with quote

I come back here from time to time in the hope that maybe some one has some good news regarding the E2 and a firmware update that could really push this product forward, but for 2+ years nothing really impressive has come from Korg. Now I use my iPad and a controller for couch-jam/sketchpad and move to the computer for the Maschine and DAW for anything more. That said I still have poured 100+ hours into my e2 and wish for a more serious attempt from Korg to push this product forward, but I get the vibe that Gadget is what they consider the new 'groovebox'.
Koekepan
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gadget on the Nintendo Switch might be the best portable sketchpad. Consider that the Switch is about as powerful as an iPad, and you should be able to get gonzo sounds out of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Electribe All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: