Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Quest for Ipad
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pranaearth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
What I am looking for in a Kronos editor is better Wave sequencing and Other aspects that I don't have to sit/bend over on the keyboard and rather sit in my rest chair and do the edits. But this is not going to cut it for me either.

The Wavestation was my #1 all time favorite synth.
I love wave sequencing in the Kronos, but programming at the keyboard itself is such a no go at this stage of my life.

I have all the iPad Korg apps, and I just wish that the Wavestation programs were backward compatible with the KLC version.[/quote]
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Re: MIDI Quest for Ipad Reply with quote

pranaearth wrote:
Double tapping on the title bar of the Kronos editor does nothing, nor does pinching it closed.
So I have no idea how much the Kronos editor is.
I have to say that the screens look exactly like the included Editor App.
I was excited about this because I'm in a 64 bit environment, and we all know about that.....
Anyhoo, if anyone has a different experience, I'd love to hear about it!

If you download the latest release of MidiQuesti you will find that the purchase button is now activate (we were waiting for Apple to activate the in-app capabilities).

For the current release, two finger tap on the "Korg Kronos" in the upper left corner to get a popup menu of options. The first is "Back" which will close the editor. In the next release, you will be able to just tap in the upper left corner to close the editor.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

narf wrote:
Yep, downloaded it, fiddled with it for over an hour and eventually gave up. Like you, I couldn't get out of the editor page to buy the full version. It looked very promising, unfortunately it proved to be not user friendly at all. I hope they address this soon.

Two finger tap to get a popup menu of options. Choose the first item - "Back" to close the editor. As previously mentioned, next release will just require a tap in the upper left corner to close.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broadwave wrote:
I've given up on it... I tried a few synth templates and it seemed ok-ish at first, then I couldn't purchase anything Rolling Eyes

The Kronos editor won't even load on my iPad Air (1st Gen) - Not enough RAM.

You couldn't purchase anything because the program had to be shipping before Apple would look at in-app purchases. As a result, the sales part didn't work initially as Apple hadn't activated it. This is now sorted out and you can make purchases with the latest release.

The Kronos editor for the iPad requires a little over 1GB of memory by the time the editor is loaded and all of the SysEx is imported from the Kronos.
SoundQuest

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amit wrote:
Tried it and got it kinda working however, I dont think it will work for me as I need it to work over bluetooth and kronos threw some error about incomplete midi message.
Havent tried it with a USB cable.

However, was able to get out of editor time and again using a three finger swipe or tap gesture.

If you have a reliable Bluetooth connection between your Mac and the Kronos then Midi Quest should be able to use this by connecting MidiQuesti to the "Network Session 1" MIDI drivers and on the Mac using Audio MIDI Setup to connect "Session 1" to your iPad and "Live Routings" to the Bluetooth MIDI ports.

We've used this method to connect to the Kronos when it has been connected to the Mac via USB. We've worked with the Kronos connected directly to iPad.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoundQuest wrote:
amit wrote:
Tried it and got it kinda working however, I dont think it will work for me as I need it to work over bluetooth and kronos threw some error about incomplete midi message.
Havent tried it with a USB cable.

However, was able to get out of editor time and again using a three finger swipe or tap gesture.

If you have a reliable Bluetooth connection between your Mac and the Kronos then Midi Quest should be able to use this by connecting MidiQuesti to the "Network Session 1" MIDI drivers and on the Mac using Audio MIDI Setup to connect "Session 1" to your iPad and "Live Routings" to the Bluetooth MIDI ports.

We've used this method to connect to the Kronos when it has been connected to the Mac via USB. We've worked with the Kronos connected directly to iPad.

Thx, i am using Yamaha Mdbt01 Bluetooth Connected to my Kronos midi ports.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: