Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New OS loaded but where are....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: New OS loaded but where are.... Reply with quote

Hi
Today I eventually loaded the 2.0 OS. Then factory restore..then save all.....then loaded the OS 2.0.1. All successful..but my user banks only have the new styles in them...How do I load all my User Styles back into the banks.
Before I started doing this update I did a SAVE ALL to USB....so I guess they are somewhere but where.

Thanks

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, Yeaaah! you did it!! Congrats on loading the new OS. Am not in front of my kbd but from memory, to find/load your old user styles. you simply have to:
1. Press media
2. Find your old set (the one you saved prior to V2.0) and select it
3. Press Open (you should see a list of folders ie. style, global etc.)
4. Open the style folder (which may show you folders called user 1, user 2 etc.)
5. Press Open again if you want to go down further (i.e. see what individual styles are actually in each folder).
6. Then select either an entire style folder or an individual style that you want to install on the Pa4x.
7. Press load (and carefully follow the next step)
8. Choose where you want that style to be installed on the kbd. Important note: I believe that the new 2.0 and 2.01 comes with 3 new banks of user styles, which are installed in user banks, 1,2 and 3. Therefore, if you don't want to overwrite these (at least until you've had a chance to play with them and see if you want to keep them (I would, as they are very good!)), I suggest that you install your old user styles in any bank that is not user, 1, 2 and 3 for the moment. You can always change their location later.

Hope this helps Ronnie and once again congrats on completing the new installation. One final point is that 2 of the brand new Korg built user styles (I can't remember the names of them off the top of my head, but they are mentioned in the bug list and I have a copy of the fixed files) had slight programming errors in them, so they, at some point, will need updating/fixing/re-installing to be fully operational and up to date.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon
Many thanks for your kind reply....I did get to install the two updates, I must admit it was a tense moment in case I made errors. However I got it done with your help and many others too.
I think I understand your explanation on loading user banks.

I find the Sound quality not as good since the upgrade and I loaded the MAXX settings I had before upgrade. I was to understand that the quality of styles were much better than 1.2.4..but it may be early days for me to enjoy.

Although I understand the using of the Direct Tab from Global settings I think it is crazy that each time I switch on that I must go thru Global settings..the 1.2.4 OS was a breeze no worries on the Direct Tab.
Could not find the new drum kits mentioned on forum perhaps I need explore more.
Where do I find how to use the Kaoss extra addition..which manual tells how.
Again Jon Thanks

Regards
Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, glad to be of help (Don't worry, I was nervous about doing the upgrade too Wink ).

The Kaoss info is on Page 801 onwards.
In regards to you expecting all of the styles to sound better/different post v2.0, I think that only some of the original styles have been changed/tweaked by Korg but most are pretty much the same as before. My personal view is that the new user styles seem to be slightly cleaner/brighter and more professionally produced than some of the older styles (and I like the better use of effects in them too).

I presume that the older styles must have been produced/sourced from different people, as some are outstanding and others need quite a bit of eq'ing, sound/fx changes and/or tweaking to make them shine.

If you are noticing a difference in your upper kbd sounds since updating, it may be worth looking at your kbd velocity/sensitivity settings in global. I get the impression that these have been changed in the new update, so you may have to re-choose which setting works best for your particular playing style/technique. Also, try playing with the global reverb level too, as this may need tweaking too.

Finally, you may want to consider adjusting your Maxx settings too (FYI, my settings are here but have been designed specifically for the speakers that I'm using but you can try them out to compare them to your own if you so wish. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1fD9_7S1ptNdmJmMHRTZ0tTVzg. FYI, I haven't personally had to adjust my Maxx settings since updating the OS.

Best wishes,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon again

You were kind to share your MAXX settings I will try later tonight to use them.
Regarding the Kaoss ..you mention page 800 +. Which manual has this, as my Korg PA4X ver 2.0 manual only has approx 168 pages...

Guess I got wrong download Manual.....

On the original manual for 1.2.4 page 800 is not Kaoss as it was not installed then.

I thought new Drum kits were included on upgrade...could not find them ..did you get to try these out.

Apologies for all this hassle.

Have a good day my friend.
Kind regards
Ronnie
Stilli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:

Although I understand the using of the Direct Tab from Global settings I think it is crazy that each time I switch on that I must go thru Global settings..the 1.2.4 OS was a breeze no worries on the Direct Tab..........
Regards
Ronnie

Hi Ronnie,
Glad to see you finally took the step, some of us here were beginning to wonder if you would ever make it ... lol

With regard to the 'Direct Tab', as I explained in a previous post you don't have to go through the Global setting every time you "switch on", once set your Direct Tab will be available to you and all banks will be the same as they were when you switched off.

If you want to change the content of the Direct Banks you have 3 basic options:
1. You can add more or different content to the Direct Set folder that your Global settings point to.
2. You can add content to the Direct Banks via the Media/Load option or
3. You can switch to a different .SET folder to use as Direct Access via the Global/Mode Preferences/Media page as described in the Upgrade Manual page 50.

The version 2 way of accessing the Direct Banks is far more flexible than in the previous versions and gives you more options, as with anything new you just have to get used to it.

Regards,

Martin
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin for your reply.

Gee !! I hope you guys were not betting money with each other to see if I made a right mess upgrading.....Someone lost the bet😨😨😎😂

Anyhow regarding the Direct Tab staying the same after the Global setting...do I need to leave the USB stick in slot all the time...because I remove it each time I turn off keyboard as I put a cover over the keyboard...
As I mentioned to Jon on my thread I found the sound different....must need to re.tweak the styles and sounds ,. Plus cannot locate drum kit that supposed was with upgrade.
Early days for me to see what is outstanding with the new 2.0 and 2.0.1 upgrade.
I guess I expected when I switched on after upgrade to get blown away with upgrade as what I read in all threads that it was terrific and outstanding...but as I said it is early days..to complain....
I must admit you guys here that answer my queries and questions are OUTSTANDING..with your help.....

Thank you again for your reply

Ronnie
😄😄😍😘😎😂
Stilli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:

Anyhow regarding the Direct Tab staying the same after the Global setting...do I need to leave the USB stick in slot all the time...because I remove it each time I turn off keyboard as I put a cover over the keyboard...

Ronnie
😄😄😍😘😎😂

Hi Ronnie,

Well obviously your Direct Banks will dissappear if you remove the USB stick that has always been the case even in previous versions, you cannot access what is not there.

If you plug your USB stick back into the keyboard before starting up your banks will be there as you left them, this should also apply if you plug it in after starting up. There is no need to go back to the Global settings unless you wish to change the location of your Direct Access Folder.

Personally, I leave my USB stick plugged in all the time. I have a soft cover and just put it straight over the top, no problem.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Martin again
I shall try out what you suggested regarding the USB stick.....it is just on the 1.2.4 os. even after I removed the usb. it loaded on the Direct Tab no problem.....I thought last night after switching on keyboard that when inserted usb to unit I had to go back to Global..have I missed out on a setting.

regards
Ronnie
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cannot Locate this 1033 page Manual, all I get in my Folder for 2.0.1 upgrade is either a 66 page manual or 168 page

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, from memory the full manual came with the OS v2.0 but just in case you can't find it, here's a link to the manual on the korg website (all the others and free extra styles are there too).

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/manual/0/516/2572/

Best,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon.. you are to the rescue once again thank you so much for that link to ver 2.0 manual.

On another thread I have had problems with usb Direct styles,that cannot get back.
once again to you Jon, Thanks

Ronnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: