Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kronos 1 to Kronos 2 update from Korg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sosvos

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject: Kronos 1 to Kronos 2 update from Korg Reply with quote

Hi. I've noticed in the Korg Shop that there is a New Kronos Sound Pack for $249. It says "as featured in the New Kronos", intending for "transforming" the K1 into the K2. It includes;

EXs17 - SGX-2 Berlin D Piano (8.6GB)
EXs18 - EXs Collections (900MB, a selection from EXs11/15/16)
KRS07 - Sound Pack 3.0

I saw that the K2 includes this from factory:

EXs12 - SGX-2 Austrian Piano ($249 for non-K2 users)

My question is: If I buy it, I will get the SAME samples, patches and setlists as featured in the K2? (minus for EXs12, sold separately).

The SGX-2 engine not featured in the K1 will be available after this update on my K1?

Thanks!
GregC
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Re: Kronos 1 to Kronos 2 update from Korg Reply with quote

sosvos wrote:

My question is: If I buy it, I will get the SAME samples, patches and setlists as featured in the K2? (minus for EXs12, sold separately).

The SGX-2 engine not featured in the K1 will be available after this update on my K1?

Thanks!

I believe your K will be very close to a K2. There were some other free sample libs for the K2 but that was a few yrs ago. Obviously this is not a " New " sound pack for $249 but its an excellent deal assuming you really want that Berlin

I happen to like the Berlin.

SGX-2 engine is a function of a firmware/OS upgrade. Someone that has better recollection might confirm that engine upgrade. A google search should explain it
DeltaJockey

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer is yes.
You will get exactly the same samples and programs. I have a Kronos X which I bought the library for. I also have the Kronos2 which includes these libraries. They are identical except for where the programs and combis are stored, which I later mostly remapped to be the same to help my aging mind!

The SGX2 engine, appears to be part of the OS, as the boot up screen still shows the SGX1 symbol on the Kronos X, even though I have the SGX2 engine sounds, which indicates they never updated the BIOS in the earlier Kronos as it was not default unless you purchase the SGX2 piano.
psionic311
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you can use the SGX2 Berlin piano, you must upgrade your OS to at least version 3. Check the requirements on the Korg site for the sounds you want.

Remember, you can always download all those sounds onto your K1 to audition them first. The audio for the sound will periodically fade in and out until you actually purchase it and then enter the activation code.
sosvos

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your replies!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: