Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed for Lost Styles 2.0.1. OS
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:36 pm    Post subject: Help needed for Lost Styles 2.0.1. OS Reply with quote

Hi
Am in need of help..tonight I played my PA4X with new OS update. I got the Styles from the Direct Tab to work..after awhile I changed the USB stick to another it worked for awhile..

.then I played with the user section with those styles...however when I pressed the Direct Tab no styles appeared on my USB Direct Tab..everything I worked on for months gone..am really P*""*d. Off at what has happened.

I even went back to Global and pressed the usb section to nominate the place where USB is installed

.. I Should have stayed with the 1.2.4 OS...anybody got any clues what could have gone wrong please

Ronnie
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Direct set contains your user styles, put the usb stick back in and go to Global and check the media path to ensure it is pointing towards your. SET.

It cannot find whats not there
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mintjamman

Thanks for the reply....I already as I mentioned did that Global setting..but no styles That I saved into Direct USB were visible.The work on styles from Factory / user that I tweaked and put on Direct on usb are missing.

other stuff saved like the save all can be seen on the usb.

can anyone offer a reason what could have happened please.
regards
Ronnie
mintjamman
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you copy a factory style to user then edited and saved it?
Yamaha S90ES, Korg Triton Pro, EXB Moss, Roland XV5080, Korg EX8000, Korg Pa4x 76, Korg Kronos 88, Crumar MOJO, Logic Pro X, V Collection, Novation SL61,Vienna, Korg Pa4x , EC-5, Vienna, Arturia V Collection, Roland SC88 Pro, Roland D110, Alesis SR16, Alesis D4
Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowhankron wrote:
Thanks for the reply....I already as I mentioned did that Global setting..but no styles That I saved into Direct USB were visible.The work on styles from Factory / user that I tweaked and put on Direct on usb are missing.......

Did you actually 'Save' the Direct banks to your USB? Editing Styles and moving them to the Direct banks does not save them to the Direct.SET folder on your USB, you have to Save them to the USB location before you switch off. I cannot remember (not in front of the keyboard at the moment) whether there is an option to do this from the page dropdown menu but you can do it from the Media/Save menu if not.
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
Snoopy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

if you use ANOTHER USB-stick : This one has definetively another NAME, and PA4X doesn´t link to the drive-letter but also to the name of the stick.

Each USB-stick has a different name ( except you change it manually ).

So, after using another stick with another name you have to set it´s "new" name in the "direct" settings !

PA4X MUSIKANT, OS 3.1.0, PKG-Version
karmathanever
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie

To use a direct SET you must "select" it using the "browse" button on the screen (see page 911 onwards for details)

If your direct set is on a USB and you want to change the USB you MUST "deselect" the currently selected direct set first (Page 911+ in the latest manual)

By NOT deselecting the PA4X may well get confused with a different USB stick, hence the messages and "missing" styles - they are not actually missing - you just need to always "select" and "deselect" direct SETs.

Hope this helps

Pete Very Happy
...and play lots of music Very Happy
------------------------------------------------------------------
Stilli

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if my post was misleading but I missed the fact that you said you had changed the USB stick.

Well of course your Direct banks won't be there if you changed the stick, they won't be there if you change keyboards either Very Happy
Korg PA4X, Kawai MPIISE, Ketron SD4, Roland Integra 7, Motu Midi Express XT, Motu Audio Express, Cubase 9.5 Pro, NI Komplete 12 Ultimate (Collectors), Omnisphere, TC-Helicon Voicelive 3, Bose L1m2 (x2) + B2 (x2)
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi mintjamman

yes I would at times use factory styles ,copy/paste it to user then edit what was required then put it into Direct Bank.

Ronnie
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stilli.......Snoopy......Karmathanever (Pete)

thank you all replying, I am just annoyed that this happened to me on this upgrade to 2.0.1

all of those styles that were edited in past year appear lost.

my usb sticks (2) of them share the same name Store -N - Go....unless that is the reason....but this never happened on the 1.2.4 OS system.

Pete....I never had to deselect using usb on previous OS system is this a new thing with the 2.0.1 upgrade.

am nowhere near keyboard to try out ideas you guys mention...be at least 2 hours before I get home....out with the other half of marriage ( the missus)..

.thank you all for the replies....any other ideas please forward to help me retrieve those hard worked and purchased styles.

regards
Ronnie
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

back again....
it appears that the manual for the 2.0.1
upgrade is different to what I got...mine only has 168 ,pages....is there another one...if so can you link me towards it please

thank you again

Ronnie
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI shadowhankron

When you downloaded the upgrade, you will find in the file the latest PA4X upgrade manual v.2.0.1 pdf.

I printed it and it consists of 110 3pages plus 58 pages for the song book editor

Kind regards

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
keith-helen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI shadowhankron

for clarity that should have read 1103 pages

best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cannot find this 1033 page Manual, was not in Downloaded Folder only a 168 page manual

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, I personally haven't used the direct function too much (until I fully understand it). Having said that, I've noticed that when I have used it, some sets show up and others don't (which probably depends on which kbd and OS they were made, I guess).

If you can't see your old styles and/sets via direct (and if none of the other suggestions above help), the very first thing that I would do is to simply look for them either via the media tab or via your PC (with your stick attached). That way you can determine if the styles are actually still present/saved as opposed to simply not showing up via the direct drive.

P.s. Reviewing the full manual (now that I've showed you where to find it) re. using direct, may, of course, also give you the answer that you're looking for.
Good luck tracking the missing files down.
Best wishes,
Jon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: