Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help needed for Lost Styles 2.0.1. OS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon, will try your idea tomorrow Thanks
Ronnie
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys....I think I located most of the Styles I thought were lost..I did a deselect then chose a .set....I also gave the USB sticks separate names.
This OS. appears much different than 1.2.4 system.

I hope today the USB Direct works okay

Still cannot find these new Drum Kits that came with new OS

Thanks for help

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, am glad that you tracked down your missing/hidden files.

The new drum kits are listed towards the back (page 60) of the v2.0 upgrade manual (not the full manual, as I previously stated). From memory, there are only 5 or 6 anyway. From memory, one was called Jazz kit ambient 2 (the only one that may be of potential interest to me). Once you know the names, you should be able to find them quite easily (don't forget you can also use the kbd search function too, which I find quite useful for tracking down specific sounds/styles).
Best wishes,
Jon

Last edited by Jonyblues on Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon...thanks again for replying......so the new Drum kits are in the Drum section already is that what you meant....
you are very good for helping me out past few days.
I found the extra new styles included on upgrade,plus the new piano sound,although I cannot seem to get a decent tone on any piano I try to use...perhaps my tweaking is not up to good quality,to get a good reverb tone to pianos.
I have not located the new Key board.set.

thanks Jon

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to be of help Ronnie.
Yes, all of the new v2.0 sounds are in the Factory tab already. I just checked and the new drum kits are there too. Please note that I edited my previous post to state that they are, in fact, listed in the v2.0 upgrade manual (the 66 page one) not the full 1000+ page manual.

All of the new kbd sets are in the kbd set User banks 1-6.

Re. getting a good piano sound set up, I definitely think that it's all about the combination of eq settings on the specific sound (fyi, not that you should need to get down to that level, but there are also individual eq settings per oscillator too), the maxx settings, the effects that you add to the sound, the mixer eq settings (if you're using one), the room acoustics and, of course, very importantly the colour/frequency response/sound of the speakers you are using as monitors and/or PA.

Am not sure if you read it but there was a fairly comprehensive chat about piano sounds in this thread too:
http://www.korgforums.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=112284

P.s. the new O-verb (which I think was taken/sourced from the Kronos) is probably the best quality reverb on the pa4x, in my opnion.

Hope this helps.
Best wishes,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to hear from you Jon once again Thanks.

Nice explanation on Piano editing..I still cannot grasp the way to get that tone heard on many Demo of keyboards.
How do I call up the new Keyboard sets....I normally just change the sound I want in style section the save to keyboard set....but never have I seen the complete keyboard set section
I will read that link you sent me on pianos,Jon thanks.
Do you use the Midi to Style creator if you do how good are the styles you get from it,. I thought this new upgrade 2.0.1. Was suppose to make this creator better...guess I read reviews wrong.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend Jon and Thank You.

Regards from Ireland

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ronnie, the kbd sets are, in my opinion one of the most powerful parts of the kbd. You access them by simply pressing any of the buttons labeled 1-12 in the right hand side of the kbd. Then, you will see a screen that shows factory, user or direct stored kbd sets. All of the new sets that came with v2.0 are in the user section (banks 1-6 labeled piano, strings and orch etc.)

To acces the user sets even faster, you can, of course, also just push button 12 (to switch on the user/direct mode), followed by any button from 1-11 to go directly into that bank/section.

Re. the midi to style bot, I haven't been able to create a fully functional/usable (to my standards) style from even the best quality midi files, but have been able to extract enough usable elements that can be used either to create a new style that will need development or to enhance old/existing styles. A visual editor, like a daw would probably be a lot easier to work with. But I do see some benefits to usingthe bot on certain occasions.

Interestingly, I've started looking at the potential of the pads recently and hadn't realized how flexible they could be (i.e. Can play different patterns/sounds depending on what chords you play, just like standard style variations. So, I'm thinking of trying to create some innovative pads by using the bot to create a style and then copying any good style elements directly into a pad.
It's early days experimenting with this stuff but I see a lot of possibilities (and a lot of long nights ahead).

Best wishes,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon
Thanks for the direction in getting to keyboard sets.regarding the midi to style conversion, I read somewhere that Tune 1000 midis work best in conversion. I have had some good results and some crap results.
I would love to make my own Pads but cannot work out the system in going about making them.
You have a great knowledge in the Korg PA 4 X keyboard.
Guitar sounds are a must for me . I kept searching for some great Fender Strat or Telecaster sounds,what I hear on my keyboard are average.
Once again Jon thanks

Regards

Ronnie
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome Ronnie. Yes, I also heard about the Tune 1000 files being the one of the best midi files for turning into styles. I have the complete Tune 1000 library of midi files plus about 150,000 others (which I haven't had time to sort through) but haven't really experimented extensively with midi-to-style conversion yet (mainly due to time constraints).

Am still learning as much as I can about the capabilities of the Pa4x but am slowly making progress. I'll be experimenting more with pads and the style conversion bot once I get my Pa4x fully restored and stable again (as you may have read it crashed (twice now), probably/hopefully because of loading in a few commercial sounds that I bought last week).

Re. guitars, I will share some new guitar sounds that I created a few weeks ago (kbd sets) with you (just in case they're of any use/value), once I get everything back up and running. Also, I think that someone mentioned that the Daniel Andronescu free set had some very nice guitars included, so it may be worth looking at that too (I still haven't had a chance to try them yet).

Best wishes,
Jon
shadowhankron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon

Sorry to hear about your keyboard crashing,that sure must been scary due to the expense of these keyboards....not sure how close you are to a dealer to get checked out...here in Dublin ,Ireland there is a KORG DEALER ...but don't stock or deal with the PA series of keyboards
Only synths and cheaper instruments..so any trouble with my keyboard I would need return to the UK where I bought through mail order...so am lost if any serious things happen to my unit.
Any guitar sounds you have I would appreciate....not sure about the Daniel Andronescu guitars in case I got troubles loading them.

You take care and thanks again

Ronnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: