Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sonar/Cakewalk INS?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Sonar/Cakewalk INS? Reply with quote

Just wondering if anyone has created one of these for the PA4? Maybe even a PA3 version might be usefule as Korg doens't seem to change the structure around too much.

I still have my original PA1x INS, but I am not sure how much different the PA4 one would be TBH.
Nemik
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/307/2469/
Wink
Fl Studio 12, Ableton Live 10 Suite.
Performers Heaven
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi pax-eterna, am not sure if it's the same as Nemik's file, different or better but you could also look at (as it mentions the Pa4x):

http://www.korgpa.sk/korgpa4xins.htm
He (korgpask) is one of the forum members here and can probably give you more info.
Best wishes,
Jon
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nemik wrote:
http://www.korg.com/us/support/download/software/0/307/2469/
Wink

Thanks Nemik I'll open that one up with the PA4 data sheets side by side and check it.

I did have a look over the Korg Webpage but missed that link somehow, oops!
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jonyblues wrote:
Hi pax-eterna, am not sure if it's the same as Nemik's file, different or better but you could also look at (as it mentions the Pa4x):

http://www.korgpa.sk/korgpa4xins.htm
He (korgpask) is one of the forum members here and can probably give you more info.
Best wishes,
Jon

Coolio, thanks Jony...that one should be the go - I'l still cross reference with the PA3 one though, but nice find cheers!
keith-helen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jonyblues

I tried the link and it says the file is empty.

Am I doing something wrong. It says right click, which I do and then 'save link as' whch I do but there is nothing in the link!

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
and PaAs have now got left handed banjo
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Keith, unfortunately, I hadn't personally tried to download the file before, as I don't use Cakewalk but had simply heard about the file on this forum somewhere, from the user named korgpask.

I just tried downloading the file as a test and can confirm that the link is currently pointing to an empty file (i.e. the download doesn't appear to work at all).

I suggest that you send a PM to korgpask (he has made several posts in the main sticky bug reporting thread, just in case you can't find him) to check about the file and to see if he can update the link or supply an alternative link for users on the forum.

I'd be grateful, if you could let us know how you get on, just in case it is useful to others.

P.s. It's great to hear from someone who's from one of my old 'stomping grounds' too (I spent many years in Brighton working in the media and TV industry there - I was based at 'International House', right next to Brighton railway station). Lots of fond memories from that area.

Anyway, let us know if you have any luck tracking down the file from korgpask and sorry that I didn't check that the link was fully operational before I posted it.

Best wishes,
Jon
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keith-helen wrote:
Hi Jonyblues

I tried the link and it says the file is empty.

Am I doing something wrong. It says right click, which I do and then 'save link as' whch I do but there is nothing in the link!

Best wishes

Keith Lawton

hmm worked for me....

EDIT: That was the download...I hadn't tried to open it as yet. Just tried that and yep, same for me. No data in it!
keith-helen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon

All sorted.

go to http://www.korgpa.sk/doplnky.html

screen comes up, scroll down to PA4X and click on definitions for cakewalk/sonar. Save to wherever you wish.

go to where you saved it as a zip file and click on it to open it. it will show PA4X V 124 korgpa.sk ins, right click on this to COPY.

Open soanr and go to EDIT - PREFERENCES open and under MIDI click INSTRUMENTS, then DEFINE- IMPORT and then paste into the file name.

Click OPEN and a new page opens , highlight korgpa4x arranger and press ok and now all should be there.

Best wishes

Keith Lawton
Jonyblues

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad that you found it Keith. Thanks for letting us know.

FYI, I think that you may actually want to try the download file below the one that you mentioned in your post, as the bottom one is for the Pa4x too but is for V2.0 not v1.24.

Just thought that I'd mention it, in case you didn't see it on the list.

Best wishes,
Jon
pax-eterna

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause
keith-helen

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jon

Thanks for that have altered accordingly.

If you are refering to the old BBC studio (imperial house, Queen street) near brighton station I prepared plans for alterations to that building along time ago.

Best wishes

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Pa4X All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: