Korg Forums Forum Index Korg Forums
A forum for Korg product users and musicians around the world.
Moderated Independently.
Owned by Irish Acts Recording Studio & hosted by KORG USA

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lost everything in the California brush fires - a tip 4 u

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Lost everything in the California brush fires - a tip 4 u Reply with quote

Over the months I've received wonderful support and advice from you guys on this forum and I've appreciated every bit of it. A few months ago I spent about a week backing up my Korg Kronos however I lost my flash drive and everything else in the recent brush fires. I was worried about my Kronos failing me but never did I expect I'd lose my stuff secondary to a fire.

Hopefully no one else goes through what I did but I recommend backing up your music on a flash drive you save somewhere safe and/or perhaps the cloud.... even though that has its own security issues. If anyone has any other storage suggestions, please share here

Best,
Eki Shola
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, this is like the second person on this forum who's lost their valuables to these fires. Sir, I am so sorry, I would be devastated. Did the Kronos survive?

My employer has us set up with all of Google's services, so I have EVERYTHING on my M3 and Kronos backed up on Google Drive... seems the safest, as media probably won't even survive in a fire safe.
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
wow, this is like the second person on this forum who's lost their valuables to these fires. Sir, I am so sorry, I would be devastated. Did the Kronos survive?

My employer has us set up with all of Google's services, so I have EVERYTHING on my M3 and Kronos backed up on Google Drive... seems the safest, as media probably won't even survive in a fire safe.

Thanks for your response! I'm a woman 🙂 Google Drive is a good idea Nothing survived unfortunately... have to start fresh!
Gargamel314
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how presumptuous of me, I can't believe I did that. My apologies.
Korggal2015

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gargamel314 wrote:
how presumptuous of me, I can't believe I did that. My apologies.

Apology accepted 🙂 Thanks
Mike Conway
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice to consider. Very sorry to hear about this. Hopefully, you can rebuild your home and studio to be even better than before.
amit
Approved Merchant
Approved Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear That!

My Kronos is always connected to home network, and I use a software to automatically backup my Kronos via FTP to a external HDD, part of which is also automatically synched to cloud.

It takes a little planning and setup at start, but the automation takes out any human error or laziness out.
Korg (Kronos 2, PA600,WavestateVolcaFM), Moog Subsequent 37, Waldorf Pulse 2, ,Novation (Peak, Circuit), Roland GR55, Roli Rise 49, Boog Model D Novation Sl 49, Launchpad Pro, Ableton Push 2 + Suite,Yamaha DTX Multi 12, Akai EWI USB, Nano key Studio, Arturia(BeatStep Pro,DrumBrute,Keystep),StryMon(Big Sky,Timeline), Mooer Ocean Machine, Zoom MS-70CDR,MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, MicroKontrol,KLC, Korg DS-1H, Korg EXP-2,Roland DP-10, Nanopad 2, TEcontrol BBC2, Soundcraft Signatrure 22 MTK, Yamaha MG10XU,UltraG DI,Eris E5 .. List
19naia
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have files on "dropbox", Google drive and those even get backed up on icloud.
May even be worth it to have a few ultra small USB thumb drives with every thing backed up and slip one in the wallet and another wrapped in Insulation and stuffed in a dark compartment of the car.

Or buried at home in a waterproof and heat insulated container. Fire will burn right over it(buried deep enough) but it seems rather over the top when you consider thats how people treat their CIA espionage data files. Don't let anyone see you out there burying it and know one will think weird of you.
voip
Platinum Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about losing everything in the California fires. Such a terrible thing to happen. Hope it hasn't dulled the spirit and you have those nearest and dearest to turn to.

Niven8

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you all the best.
Niven.
arne v

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to hear you lost everything in that fire. Cant imagine how thats like, but the most important thing is that you are still alive Smile

Backup is so important these days. I do not trust having it on only 1 device so im storing it several places. I back up my Kronos once a month all my MPC software including plugins, projects etc. The only thing i do not have backup of is from my matrixbrute or MFB Dominion 1 analog synth even thoug the MB comes with some software

regars avr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Korg Forums Forum Index -> Korg Kronos All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: